Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun 9th September!

13»

Comments

• Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Sorry mate but the SX Trail's not fully built back up yet, still waiting for some chain ring bolts :cry:

Have fitted everything else, got the chain device on tonight and shelter taped the chainstay.

Will have to let you down this week, sorry. Perhaps next week? Think I'm around Monday & Tuesday evening.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Proutster wrote:
    Sorry mate but the SX Trail's not fully built back up yet, still waiting for some chain ring bolts :cry:

Have fitted everything else, got the chain device on tonight and shelter taped the chainstay.

Will have to let you down this week, sorry. Perhaps next week? Think I'm around Monday & Tuesday evening.

No prob, tues could be ok.

Btw, what size bolts, 6.5mm?
  • Proutster
    DodgeT wrote:
    Btw, what size bolts, 6.5mm?

No, 5mm for a single-ring set-up.

Got some E13 ones on order, should be here today/tomorrow (as I ordered them last Thursday!!)

Hopefully see you on Tuesday, I'll confirm early next week.
  • DodgeT
    Sometimes depends on rings/cranks though. I originally bought 5mm ones for my single ring, slx cranks and goldtec ring, and they were too short. Had to get 6.5mm.
  • Proutster
    DodgeT wrote:
    Sometimes depends on rings/cranks though. I originally bought 5mm ones for my single ring, slx cranks and goldtec ring, and they were too short. Had to get 6.5mm.

Oh b*gger!! Let's hope they fit, it's Truvativ Hussefelt cranks with a blackspire single-ring. No bashguard though, so that might help.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I was thinking more of a c&*t bit if you want to dress it up Prout you carry on

A few sounds like a plan but it may not be sensible. Is Ben/anyone else up for an inaugural cruddy DH toasting seshaaan??

would this be the 8th or 9th for drinking? if it's the 9th i'll meet you after the brecon beast if i can still walk :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    8th Kev, just have a skinful with us, you know you ride better on a savage hangover..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • DodgeT
    Proutster wrote:
    DodgeT wrote:

Oh b*gger!! Let's hope they fit, it's Truvativ Hussefelt cranks with a blackspire single-ring. No bashguard though, so that might help.

Fingers crossed, although mine has no bash either. Evans, leisure lakes etc usually sell them, 6.5mm anyways, that's where I get mine from. 5 quid for pack of 5.
  • noooooooooooooooo....
    Hi Guys,

Really sorry to spring this on you, but FC have just informed me there is to be a WDMBA race event at Cwmcarn on the weekend of 8th & 9th September. So this means your uplift bookings for that weekend are cancelled.

I was only informed of the dates a few days ago, although only actually confirmed to me today. So I'm really sorry but this is totally out of my control.

With regards to your booking, I can either just refund it in full, or I can move it to another date. If you want to move the booking, I will need an actual date, otherwise it's easier for me to just give you a refund.
    Check http://cwmdown.co.uk/bookings before you get back to me with a date, just to make sure there is a space. If there is only limited space on the date you want, it might be best just to book it yourself and get a refund for this booking as I'm driving all week now, as Kenny is out of action for a while. So I'll only be on the computer in the evenings. Let me know by email, because if you phone me, I will be in the forest and just tell you to email me anyway.

Can you please let me know you have received this email.

Sorry for all the hassle,

Darrell
  • Proutster
    Oh fark!!

What we gonna do?
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    RageFace.jpg
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • DodgeT
    Antur stiniog?
  • welshkev
    DodgeT wrote:
    Antur stiniog?

now that's a good idea..but i still can't make it...FoD for you guys instead? or you can come and ride the beast with me? :lol:
  • Well, I'll be asking for a refund until we sort out whats gonna happen.. I'll rebook if we decide on another day, but i imagine that most are booked for a while :(
  • Proutster
    Agreed, that sounds like the best plan. It took so long to agree on the first date, who knows how long it'll take the second time around??

Fark them and their sh!tty WDMBA race, bet they're slower than us anyway :D

BTW, still laugh every time I see the picture posted by Squarepants and remember his PM of last night - "unmitigated disaster" :lol:
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    ARSE!!!!!

I'll be asking for the refund, not sure about how much other time I'll have around then what with moving back down to uni etc

Consequently I'll step back at this point from comitting to any other plansbut if you guys do decide to go somewhere else/try a different day I'll see what I can do.

Gutted.

Also I fecking hate cows. Working 16 hour days at the moment, it's not healthy for a student :lol:
  • Hmmm, I just got another pass from her indoors for this weekender, and now I find out they've farkin gone and cancelled it. Utter utter bellends!

Ah well, probably for the best. I'm currently without a DH bike, and it's the same weekend as the end2end anyway, so I might just stick to doing that.
  • DodgeT
    Sure you can't be temtped by stiniog? Was there yesterday and it is absolutely frickin brilliant!
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    DodgeT wrote:
    Sure you can't be temtped by stiniog? Was there yesterday and it is absolutely frickin brilliant!

So was I as it happens, great trails huh. :D

I am good for a different day, just popped in to say I think the weekend of the 9th was out due to some event. :x
  • DodgeT
    Great weren't they!

So who / which were you? I was on the red n black enduro, dressed mainly in black, which ended up being pretty hot in the afternoon!
  • Mojo_666
    Was riding a Canyon Torque and wearing a club top as per the links in my Sig, we are heading back next month it seems.
  • DodgeT
    Just watched the vid, the nutter did the big drop on the black.... Did you do it?
    Needless to say, I didn't.
  • Mojo_666
    DodgeT wrote:
    Just watched the vid, the nutter did the big drop on the black.... Did you do it?
    Needless to say, I didn't.

That drop is on the new black section which was taped off Sunday as it is not completed (hence the digger in that vid) insane drop though huh, 10ft at least I reckon.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hmmmph. Just seen that the uplift on the 9th is cancelled - I was actually thinking of seeing if I could be an honorary bloke / crudcatcher person for the day and come and join in.... :oops:

Hey ho :roll:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • welshkev
    miss notax wrote:
    Hmmmph. Just seen that the uplift on the 9th is cancelled - I was actually thinking of seeing if I could be an honorary bloke / crudcatcher person for the day and come and join in.... :oops:

Hey ho :roll:

Enter the race that they've cancelled it for instead ;)
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I'll pass on that thanks...! :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • welshkev
    I've just seen on facebook that the race has been cancelled so I guess the uplift will be back on?
  • welshkev wrote:
    I've just seen on facebook that the race has been cancelled so I guess the uplift will be back on?

yes and no... the date will be opened up, but you'll have to book again!

Was talking t Darrell, he's pissed to say the least!