Cruddy Cwmcarn Uplift Fun 9th September!

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited September 2012 in MTB rides
Righty then

As you may be aware the Cruddy calender arrives at Cwmcarn at the start of September, and this seems like a nice opportunity for some petrol assisited gravity laziness.

So, an all day uplift pass costs £29.50, just think how nice it'll feel not having to pedal up that hill.

Should be able to get a good 10 runs in, I mean in the middle of winter you can get 8 in and the shuttle stops dead early, like at 4pm. In September it should hopefully run on towards 6pm.

The course itself is good fun, you don't need a full on DH rig by any means. There's definitely going to be some crashing involved but hopefully nothing too nasty, I'll be bringing my acrobatics along for a start.

Anything else, oh yeah, obviously because the plan is to do an uplift day, if you don't like it, then don't do it, if you're in then book at http://www.cwmdown.co.uk. Now a vital bit of info is missing, the date. I'm going to be bold and say the 9th September* or the 2nd of September. Let's have a quick poll, see which people prefer, but people, only vote if you're actually going to go :wink:

I know I've not put a limit on the poll, but let's say we'll let it run until the end of the month or just before when I head off on holiday near the end of the month, then go with whichever is most popular, should leave plenty of time to book it.

*I know it's not the first weekend in the month but it's definitely going to be outside the school holiday period so it should be a bit quieter around there in general, obviously there's still going to be the usual weekend warriors (us included) But should be fewer families etc. around finishing off their school holidays clogging up the car parks and such. Also I'm really up for it but will probably be resitting my exams on the 3rd September so it'll be a nice light at the end of the tunnel :lol:

Comments

• 9th for me!! birthday is on the 15th :wink: so nice to have it near then lol.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,524
    Ditto 9th for me - I can probably do either, but the 2nd is the last day of school holidays so might not be quite as easy for me to escape to Wales. We should have a few prizes for best crash, that sort of thing :)

I've just booked the CC uplift for this Sunday to get some practice in so I don't look like a complete t1t :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I've just booked the CC uplift for this Sunday to get some practice in so I don't look like a complete t1t :D

See you there then :wink:

We have booked for Sunday too - Notax on his new Bullit and me on my Minxy. I'm easy to spot as i'm about 2ft shorter than everyone else. And a girl :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    I've gone for the 9th as well - a couple of days before I go on hols, so at least the Mediterranean sun will heal any injuries quickly :D
  • Stevo_666
    miss notax wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

See you there then :wink:

We have booked for Sunday too - Notax on his new Bullit and me on my Minxy. I'm easy to spot as i'm about 2ft shorter than everyone else. And a girl :lol:
    Nice one - will see you both there with waterproofs at the ready...

I will be on my Spicy, so we'll probably be the only three not on full-on DH rigs. Likewise I'm easy to spot, I look like my avatar :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • This sunday as in the 17th?

I'll have a scout around for you guys as I should have the Canyon back... I'll be riding the twrch and then prob the DH to the bottom!
  • miss notax
    This sunday as in the 17th?!

Yep :D See you there!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• Stevo_666
    This sunday as in the 17th?

I'll have a scout around for you guys as I should have the Canyon back... I'll be riding the twrch and then prob the DH to the bottom!
    Aye, will keep an eye out for you NM.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I only have my hardtail at the minute but tbh i'd probably ride the DH on it :lol:

but this sunday i have an open day at the nursery and the 9th sept is the day of the brecon beast that i stupidly entered :shock: :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    welshkev wrote:
    but this sunday i have an open day at the nursery and the 9th sept is the day of the brecon beast that i stupidly entered :shock: :lol:
    I thought the whole point of a nursery was to dump your kids off and go biking :wink:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    I thought the whole point of a nursery was to dump your kids off and go biking :wink:

unfortunately it's the nursery i own and i was hoping more people would be bringing their kids to register so i can retire :lol:

i hope you all had a good day
    8)
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Gutted, cant do the ninth but could the 2ndm

Stevo you got lucky with the weather today huh 8) , yesterday was shocking, half the riders were gone by the afternoon. :lol: I stuck it out tho...
  • Nice to meet you today Stevo - I got 2 runs in before I had to shoot off!

Hows the hand?
  • miss notax
    Good to meet you too Stevo and sorry I missed you Northern Monkey!!

Hope the hand is ok and nice to chat whilst waiting for the boys on their last run!! :D

PS - having problems with my rear shock if anyone is able to help? Details in Workshop / Tech :D

• Stevo_666
    edited June 2012
    Nice to meet you today Stevo - I got 2 runs in before I had to shoot off!

Hows the hand?
    Likewise mate.

Hand is a bit more swollen but it looks like there's nothing broken, just a bad sprain. Have been sitting watching the box with a bag of frozen sweetcorn on it for the last hour ! At least I got 5 runs in before it all went a bit pear shaped...
  • Stevo_666
    miss notax wrote:

Hope the hand is ok and nice to chat whilst waiting for the boys on their last run!! :D

PS - having problems with my rear shock if anyone is able to help? Details in Workshop / Tech :D
    Thanks Miss NT, was good to chat. Not sure how you've never managed to stack it doing DH (yet :wink: ), makes me feel a bit accident prone :oops:
  • miss notax
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    miss notax wrote:

Thanks Miss NT, was good to chat. Not sure how you've never managed to stack it doing DH (yet :wink: ), makes me feel a bit accident prone :oops:

Ha ha, nope, just that you are fast and I am very slow (and probably not trying hard enough!!)! :lol::lol:

• Stevo_666
    miss notax wrote:
    (and probably not trying hard enough!!)! :lol::lol:
    I've highlighted the relevant bit :wink: , I expect you to be faster and stack it at least once next time: (I like to lead by example :D )
  • miss notax
    :lol::lol:

Hope the hand gets better quickly :D

• Stevo_666
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Stevo you got lucky with the weather today huh 8) , yesterday was shocking, half the riders were gone by the afternoon. :lol: I stuck it out tho...
    Mojo, we couldn't believe our luck after seeing how bad it was when we arrived on Saturday eve. We heard from Darrell and Kenny that it was pretty grim yesterday. Today it rained a bit at 9.30am then the sun came out: it started raining again when we left CC just after 6 !
  • Stevo_666
    miss notax wrote:

Not as quick as I'd hoped - fractured my index metacarpal :(
  • miss notax
    Oh no!!! :shock:

Sorry to hear this.... I still hope it gets better quickly though (albeit perhaps not as quickly as before :( )

• Mojo_666
    Hope the hand gets better, seems MRG was taking snaps yesterday which might cheer you up :)

http://www.mrgphotography.co.uk/cwmcarn-dh-17-06-12
  • miss notax
    Oooh, nice piccies :D

http://mrg.photium.com/p6178900

• notax
    notax Posts: 138
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    miss notax wrote:

Good to meet you too Stevo, again sorry to hear your hand is more mashed than you'd hoped :( Maybe by the time its recovered the sun will have come out :D
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    miss notax wrote:

Bugger dude, did look swollen!

GWS!!
  • Stevo_666
    Thanks Folks, at least I can just about type with two fingers still, even with my hand in plaster :)

Mojo - ta for the link, he got a few decent pics of me before I crashed and burned - may buy a couple to get me fired up about going again when I'm fixed up properly.

http://www.mrgphotography.co.uk/p6178854

PS: Just noticed I also put a massive split in the peak of my helmet - must have been a decent faceplant :P
  • I screenshot a few lol.. check my Canyon thread!
  • Mojo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thanks Folks, at least I can just about type with two fingers still, even with my hand in plaster :)

Mojo - ta for the link, he got a few decent pics of me before I crashed and burned - may buy a couple to get me fired up about going again when I'm fixed up properly.

http://www.mrgphotography.co.uk/p6178854

PS: Just noticed I also put a massive split in the peak of my helmet - must have been a decent faceplant :P

Nice pic, I can see the white of your eyes (well the right eye) where did you crash? and how is your hand?
  • Stevo_666
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Nice pic, I can see the white of your eyes (well the right eye) where did you crash? and how is your hand?
    I crashed on the middle section just past those 2 rock steps - going too fast for my ability. Hand is still in the cast but I'm going to see the consultant on Friday and hopefully it can come off then or maybe next week - it's not really painful and I can move it and pick up light stuff but it's driving me mad !