Radioshack tour short list

Comments

• cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279
    Back problem is a problem - and Horner will crash anyway, so it seems a wasted seat with him in it.

I'd imagine Horner wouldn't do domestique duties either. Having two to look after is enough.

So who has the wasted seat? :lol:
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Ned. Boulting as tweeted a link tonight suggesting the team's participation at le Tour is now uncertain due to all this Lance et al business
  • cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279
    The team is done. Radioshack fired their top marketing folks back in March for sponsoring a pro cycling team. No sponsor renewal there and we all know Leopard whatever can't attract any sponsors when the Schlecks were good and now they suck. Frank is going to quit half way through the Tour because he misses his brother and he's not getting paid. Cancellara is going just to talk to other teams. Horner is not even there. No one is going to have a chance at a stage win because Johan still believes they can win the overall.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Bruyneel will stay away and members named, but I am sure ASO will not punish Schlek, Cancellera, others for something they couldn't possibly be involved in.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Bruyneel will stay away and members named, but I am sure ASO will not punish Schlek, Cancellera, others for something they may not be involved in.

Fixed that for you. This is pro cycling, it doesn't pay to make absolute statements.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Bruyneel will stay away and members named, but I am sure ASO will not punish Schlek, Cancellera, others for something they may not be involved in.

Fixed that for you. This is pro cycling, it (probably) doesn't pay to make absolute statements.
    :D
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:

Fixed that for you . This is pro cycling, it doesn't pay to make absolute statements.

forum etiquette is we reply to people but not change what they said. Show some respect pls
  • inkyfingers
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Fixed that for you . This is pro cycling, it doesn't pay to make absolute statements.

forum etiquette is we reply to people but not change what they said. Show some respect pls

Oh come on, I made it clear that i'd changed what you'd written. I wasn't trying to be misleading, I wasn't even trying to be serious. Probably should have added a smilie, but I try not to use too many of them or posts start to look like they were made like a 12 year old.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Oh come on, I made it clear that i'd changed what you'd written. I wasn't trying to be misleading, I wasn't even trying to be serious. Probably should have added a smilie, but I try not to use too many of them or posts start to look like they were made like a 12 year old.

fair enough, but some threads get very long with multiple pages so if we change people's words and it gets quoted over and over, it might not be what the original poster meant if the "fixed that for you part" is deleted from quotes.
    re the topic, i am not for a moment suggesting Schlek, Klodi, Cancellara have not doped in the past but they were not in Armstrong and Bruyneels team, entourages in the years 1999-2005, so just kinda meant that really..Cancellara would be missed at TDF and he hasn't really done anything wrong in his career yet I think
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Cancellara has worked with Cecchini IIRC
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Jeez, seems like the team is tearing itself apart at the moment, whilst i'm not a huge fan of the Schleks i think the tour would be better with them (well Frank seeing as Andy is out) but at the moment all i can see happening, if the shack do keep their invite, is all their riders will be trying to do deals with other teams to try and secure a contract for next year and they won't get a stage win or podium place.
  • inkyfingers
    Noclue wrote:
    Jeez, seems like the team is tearing itself apart at the moment, whilst i'm not a huge fan of the Schleks i think the tour would be better with them (well Frank seeing as Andy is out) but at the moment all i can see happening, if the shack do keep their invite, is all their riders will be trying to do deals with other teams to try and secure a contract for next year and they won't get a stage win or podium place.

Wouldn't that make them more likely to want to ride well and increase their value? Albeit probably not with a great deal of "teamwork".
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Horner is now riding the Tour.

Others:
    Fabian Cancellara, Tony Gallopin, Andreas Klöden, Maxime Monfort, Yaroslav Popovych, Fränk Schleck, Jens Voigt and Haimar Zubeldia.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Glad at least Canellara's riding.

No Boonen, Andy OR Cancellara would be a disaster.
  • frenchfighter
    Well Fabu was the only one 100% guaranteed. You are right though, unless you have Jens lighting up the breakaways.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Well Fabu was the only one 100% guaranteed. You are right though, unless you have Jens lighting up the breakaways.

Reckon he can still do that at what 40? I hope so, but I doubt it.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • frenchfighter
    I think it was Romandie this year but he was absolutely tearing it up with LLS. Something great. Defo harder for him but he has the desire:

And if somebody would come up to me and ask, “Hey, Jens. Feel like going into the break today?” Well, you know the answer I’ll give.

“Does a bear shit in the woods?”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Fuglsang reacts to not being selected: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12155 ... squad.aspx
    “It does not take a genius to see that the team is not running as it should.”
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Frank is going to quit half way through the Tour because he misses his brother and he's not getting paid.

If I were Frank I wouldn't start the Tour if I weren't being paid. He's not riding for fun.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Sonny73 wrote:
    Fuglsang reacts to not being selected: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12155 ... squad.aspx
    “It does not take a genius to see that the team is not running as it should.”

So Trek are picking the team (see the last paragraph!)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • frenchfighter
    Im not sure why these riders think they have a right to be at the Tour.

They should try and win some other races or at least perform in them.

A team is 30 odd riders, so 2/3 are going to miss out, simple.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Fugslang palmares for 2012:

4 Trofeo Deia. Counts for nothing.
    14 Tour of Oman. Counts for nothing.
    1 Tour of Lux. Doesnt count for much.
    25 TdS. This was your chance to shine a short period before the Tour in company of your competitors but you came 25th.

Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455
    He worked very hard for Frank Schleck in Switzerland.

You really don't understand some aspects of this sport do you?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Fugslang palmares for 2012:

4 Trofeo Deia. Counts for nothing.
    14 Tour of Oman. Counts for nothing.
    1 Tour of Lux. Doesnt count for much.
    25 TdS. This was your chance to shine a short period before the Tour in company of your competitors but you came 25th.

Still second best of RSNT though...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    The only thing I ever remember Fuglsang doing in a GT is crashing into a parked lorry in the Vuelta. I'm not sure you could point at any of the 9 other riders RS picked and say he deserves a place more than they do. Maybe Monfort. They're both about equal in terms of over-ratedness.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    afx237vi wrote:
    Maybe Monfort. They're both about equal in terms of over-ratedness.

Except Monfort featured in 'Chasing Legends', therefore he is superior! ;)
  • frenchfighter
    andyp wrote:
    He worked very hard for Frank Schleck in Switzerland.

You really don't understand some aspects of this sport do you?

Obv you need domestiques and obv some people have no palmares but are super high in demand.

Fug is prolly paid a decent salary and isnt employed as a domestique. During a Dauphine a cpl yrs back he was touted as being a super talent.

Dont get me wrong - he is a good rider and has a decent palmares over the years.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited June 2012
    Ps. I have no photos of Fug. That isnt a good sign.

EDIT:
    andy_shleck_fuglsang.jpg

Id take him over some of the names on that list tho.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    Tony Gallopin has been picked by the DS' of whom one is Alain Gallopin......
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • inkyfingers
    Lots of people on twitter banging on about RSNT's treatment poor old Fuglsang when in actual fact they had already given him the team leaders role for the Giro only for him to get injured and have to miss it. Looking at his career to date it's questionable what exactly he's done to deserve much more than a place as a useful domestique in a GT.

Lots of people letting their (understandable) objections to RSNT cloud their judgement.