Shaving my legs

2»

Comments

• steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    BruceG wrote:
    Excellent i am just over the bridge in essex i woukd delight in meeting you, please name a date and location we can further discuss you calling me a fool. In fact there is a go race event in essex this coming thursday why dont you pop along and see get on its at Dunton of the A127 7:00 pm start, I cant wait to meet you

Shut up you muppet!! Typical keyboard warrior shandy drinking pooftah!

Its an internet forum and your both trolling! Now get on with your lifes!!

That is all
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    You should shave your legs because the aero benefit will make you 2mph faster. This has been proved in wind tunnel testes
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • bikingjohn
    bikingjohn Posts: 202
    http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#33

"Legs are to be carefully shaved at all times. If, for some reason, your legs are to be left hairy, make sure you can dish out plenty of hurt to shaved riders, or be considered a hippie douche on your way to a Critical Mass. Whether you use a straight razor or a Bowie knife, use Baxter to keep them smooth."

No, I don't shave mine :)
    2015 Trek Domane 4.5 Disc
    http://chup.info/c/tag/trek/
  • Leeuw
    Leeuw Posts: 99

Nick, please post a health warning before linking to a page with such comments - nearly choked on my coffee!!!

Ok, hands up, I've bought Veet before! I don't like the sight of blood, and am a rubbish shaver, so invested in some Veet for my first "shave" to keep me out of A&E :D

I used to shave/Veet when I raced - mainly as others have mentioned, because I was getting massaged quite hard on a regular basis (I know a Sports Masseur with savage tendencies!). Bald legs do massage much nicer. I was also wary of the infection/road rash angle, but thankfully never hit the deck hard enough to put this to the test.

It was also a very good way to wind up my (ex) missus as my legs were smoother than hers (probably partly explains the "ex" part!!) :lol:
  • klep
    klep Posts: 158
    Leeuw wrote:

Nick, please post a health warning before linking to a page with such comments - nearly choked on my coffee!!!

Ok, hands up, I've bought Veet before! I don't like the sight of blood, and am a rubbish shaver, so invested in some Veet for my first "shave" to keep me out of A&E :D

I used to shave/Veet when I raced - mainly as others have mentioned, because I was getting massaged quite hard on a regular basis (I know a Sports Masseur with savage tendencies!). Bald legs do massage much nicer. I was also wary of the infection/road rash angle, but thankfully never hit the deck hard enough to put this to the test.

It was also a very good way to wind up my (ex) missus as my legs were smoother than hers (probably partly explains the "ex" part!!) :lol:
    This man says it all. If even a lion shaves his legs, no cyclist sould be afraid to do so!
  • harrydaisy
    harrydaisy Posts: 131
    BruceG wrote:
    harrydaisy wrote:
    BruceG wrote:
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    BruceG wrote:
    Man you have real issues, look back a few posts and you state that you want to do it, now you say you dont really want to, this isnt the first time you have contradicted yourself, you did it in your waving thread to

Some may say 'top trolling' :mrgreen:
    Quite, I am sure he is one of a previous superstars, just not sure if it is Sunderland Supporter, or TheBigBee on the glorious comeback trail

Bruce (if that's your name) I can assure you that I am not some past forummer, you may want to check my most recent post regarding an apology (although i fear it would be wasted on you) However I am the bigger person so more than happy for you to show me the way of the road :lol: if you are ever in the Kent area. I am a real person who thought I might have picked up a thing or two from an obviously more superior cyclist :wink:
    Excellent i am just over the bridge in essex i woukd delight in meeting you, please name a date and location we can further discuss you calling me a fool. In fact there is a go race event in essex this coming thursday why dont you pop along and see get on its at Dunton of the A127 7:00 pm start, I cant wait to meet you

Thanks Bruce. I think we have made up now so more than happy to pop up to Essex for a spin, I can't promise shaved legs though so I wouldn't want to show you up in front of yer mates :lol:
    Wilier Izoard XP "Petacchi"/ Campag Veloce/ Fulcrum Racing 5
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7/ Campag Xenon
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    harrydaisy wrote:
    No further explanation is needed...

http://davesbikeblog.squarespace.com/bl ... ou-wi.html

(I shave mine)

Thanks. Interesting article. Still not sure I really want to go down this route, as Im not a member of a club (too clicky for me) I don't race ( I'm not and will never be good enough), but as with other posts I've read whether it's team jerseys or whatever the best advice is whatever makes you feel good on a bike should be followed.

Have you been a member of a cycling club? If not, how do you know they are cliquey? Most clubs are welcoming and helpful although undoubtably there will always be one or two members who aren't. I think you learn things a lot quicker when riding with experienced cyclists. Too often people come on here saying that clubs are not for them without having tried it. On the second point, you may not be good enough to race at present but never say never. With a bit of training pretty much anyone can ride in 4th cat races whilst time trialling is also a good introduction for anyone wanting to get competitive as it gives you a chance to monitor your progress against yourself even if you can't match the times of the top riders. You never know until you try!
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    steelie600 wrote:

That is all

You do realise there are laws against homophobia :?:
  • harrydaisy
    harrydaisy Posts: 131
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    steelie600 wrote:

That is all

You do realise there are laws against homophobia :?:

Ha ha - I think it's you that's trolling! Or your very precious :lol:
    Wilier Izoard XP "Petacchi"/ Campag Veloce/ Fulcrum Racing 5
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7/ Campag Xenon
  • Leeuw
    Leeuw Posts: 99
    klep wrote:
    Leeuw wrote:

This man says it all. If even a lion shaves his legs, no cyclist sould be afraid to do so!

Just don't ask me about keeping the mane tidy under a helmet :lol:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Waxing is the way to go.... The lady that does mine is gradually extending the territory by doing my bum, chest and back. All because it's traditional. X
  • ShutUpLegs
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Waxing is the way to go.... The lady that does mine is gradually extending the territory by doing my bum, chest and back. All because it's traditional. X

Back, sack & crack :?:
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    With London to Paris looming next week, I have decided to take the plunge and wax the legs as there are sport masseurs laid on each evening by Tri-touch and I don't want to get 'plucked'.

Should this be done as close to the event as possible or should I do it a few days beforehand?
  • RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    izza wrote:
    With London to Paris looming next week, I have decided to take the plunge and wax the legs as there are sport masseurs laid on each evening by Tri-touch and I don't want to get 'plucked'.

Should this be done as close to the event as possible or should I do it a few days beforehand?

Shave um....Dont get them Waxed, you'll have legs that look like Boiled Lobsters !!
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.
  • ShutUpLegs
    harrydaisy wrote:

Ha ha - I think it's you that's trolling! Or your very precious :lol:

I just have low tolerance to people who display hate towards other.
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    Just get a mountain bike...
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838