Wiggo's form

15678911»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    bompington wrote:
    Tempted to lock this.

Any objections?
    Why does it need locked? OK, there's a lot of tendentious crap on this thread, but on that basis you'd have to lock half the internet.

We're a looooooooooooong way from discussing Wiggin's form, way beyond the point of no return.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Tempted to lock this.

Any objections?

I'll second your proposal.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Agree with Bompington. But if it is to be locked then a fair summary of the evidence against Wiggo would be:
    - Sky employ a doctor who worked on a team where doping took place - but there is no suggestion the doctor was involved in providing or administering doping products.
    - Wiggins has improved hugely from his 4th place in 2009 - although on a normal TdF route and without Contador's suspension the best prediction would be that he'd finish...errr...4th.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    ddraver wrote:
    One last time, then I'm giving up - Wiggins is not a smart guy - few professionals are - so he probably has no idea what he's talking about...Now that does nt prove/disprove anything to doping, but using it to cast suspicion is casting a very long line indeed...
    So, in the absence of any credible supporting evidence from Wiggins and others, can we at least agree that a belief that he and Sky are clean amounts to nothing more than a declaration of unsubstantiated faith?

Give me an example that would provide credible evidence that someone didn't dope? not sure there is anything. Ergo: all declarations of non doping are unsubstantiated faith. ergo: nationality doesn't come into it. ergo: discussions of Wiggins per se are high because he is British, not discussions about he doesn't dope because he's British.

I've just been back and checked the beginning of this thread, before you waded in. The discussion was IF he could hold form. Nothing to do with doping. No-one said he was clean. If the peleton is still drug raddled, then the discussion is exactly the same. If the peleton is totally clean, the discussion is exactly the same. if wiggins is the only doper, then I suggest the discussion is exactly the same - drugs programmes still tend to lead to peaks and troughs. So can he hold his peak? If he is on a "new" drugs programme, he might - but he won't tell us. If he's on a new conventional training programme, maybe he won't tell us properly either. In fact, why would he? Maybe (gasp) he's even throwing a bit of midly plausible crap out there to muddy the waters. I wouldn't put such misdirection past Sky, surely mind games can count as "marginal gains?"

Quick, Rick, lock the thread now while I'm winning!!!! :D
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    But what about Wiggo's form? :D
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,662
    No, can't be locked yet. Iain hasn't done a graph.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    But what about Wiggo's form? :D

Is THAT what this thread's about? :lol:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Yeah yeah fine.

Locked since it's gone waaay past the original topic.

Threads have a tendency to head towards doping chat in pro-race stuff. That's fine - within reason (i.e. as long as they are on topic).

Spurious and generic doping chat derails threads and puts off people from joining in the original discussion.

It'd be good to get a few more faces in here! :).
This discussion has been closed.