Floor fan for Turbo training

2»

Comments

• phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,911
    It was an idea, there's no need to be a dick about it.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    phreak wrote:
    Aye, quite possibly. As I said, just a theory :) I've read research showing the effect of heat, or more precisely of a cold drink, on performance when riding outside, but you could be trying as hard when hot as you do when cool, but you'd just be going slower when overheated. That was what I was pondering because if heat plays a part then effort doesn't have to equal speed does it?
    You might try as hard when hot, but you won't be able to work as hard.

The amount of work you do during training is what's important, not the amount of work you feel like you're doing. Otherwise power meters would be useless and percieved effort would be the best training metric.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,911
    Fair point.
  • ilovebigwig
    ilovebigwig Posts: 118
    Herbsman wrote:
    phreak wrote:
    Aye, quite possibly. As I said, just a theory :) I've read research showing the effect of heat, or more precisely of a cold drink, on performance when riding outside, but you could be trying as hard when hot as you do when cool, but you'd just be going slower when overheated. That was what I was pondering because if heat plays a part then effort doesn't have to equal speed does it?
    You might try as hard when hot, but you won't be able to work as hard.

The amount of work you do during training is what's important, not the amount of work you feel like you're doing. Otherwise power meters would be useless and percieved effort would be the best training metric.

Been training all winter for Alpe D'Huez, did it last week and it turned out to be really easy. I would highly recommend training and riding with a fan.