MTB trails near Findhorn and Forres

RyanMK43
RyanMK43 Posts: 113
edited June 2012 in Routes
Can anyone recommend some good mtb'ing around Findhorn/Forres? the closer to Findhorn the better please. i am on holiday up there for a couple of weeks soon and last year my brother and i hit the moray monster trails and had a great time. but this year we want to cram in as much riding as pos. so if anybody can recommend any trails that would be great. thanks

Comments

• altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    I take it you will have transport while up there?

You have Moray Monster Trail/Learnie Red Rock Trails/Laggan Wolftrax/Balblair(bonar bridge)/Golspie to name a few,i have to been to Balblair and heard good things about the others,only thing is you will have to travel to them.

Could always try here http://moraymbc.editboard.com/ they helped me out when i went up that way with the mountain bike.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Been a long time since I was up that way but there used to be some nice tracks in Culbin Forest. Sandy in places but good for a pedally blast. Also if you got on the old railway line out of Forres by Dallas distillery there used to be little loops into the woods at various places.

As I say been a long time since I was up there probably all been ploughed up by now.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • RyanMK43
    RyanMK43 Posts: 113
    Thanks guys i will have a look into them :) we walked that old railway line last year and there looks to be a few decent woods that we can just have a little explore in. Thanks once again