Distances and a few other things

2»

Comments

• Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    alex1rob wrote:
    But seriously, after you start riding more and exercising harder you stop thinking. Seriously. On many of my rides I have very little thoughts running through my mind, except maybe "it's windy" "this is tough" "my heart rate is too high"... Perhaps cycling is my meditation...
    I've always enjoyed long drives in the car for that reason - nothing in your head except the road.

I went on a lovely 40 mile ride a few weeks back, took two and a half hours, and the only thing I think cross my mind was repetitive muttering of 'Rule... five... rule... five...'
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    PimpMyBike wrote:
    I forgot one thing :

Edit : I get really bored on rides when I'm on my own . Do you get less bored as you ride more ? Or is there a way to become less bored as I live I the middle of a city and there is nothing to look at .
    Are you riding round in circles?
  • Slack
    Slack Posts: 326
    In winter, when I'm chilling out, I just go for a ride with no specific time or distance goals. My main objective is to get lost in the city, and discover new places.

My suggestion, just get out on the bike, follow random paths and alleyways (where appropriate and legal of course) and see where you end up. You'll soon rack up some miles and time doing this, especially when you get lost on random housing estates and go around in circles trying to find your way out :lol:
    Plymouthsteve for councillor!!
  • TKF
    TKF Posts: 279
    PimpMyBike wrote:
    I do love cycling . But I worded it wrong . I meant to put I get bored when I'm riding on my own .;-)
    You didn't word it wrong. You worded it as everyone understood it. If you get bored cycling on your own then you don't love cycling.

Maybe combine your other hobby of masturbating to pass the time and liven up the experience?
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    If you're getting bored of cycling 5 miles (which even at a modest pace is only going to be half an hour's worth of riding) then I don't think cycling is for you. I can happily spend 3, 4, 5 hours just getting swallowed up by the beautiful countryside lost in my own thought and listening to the gentle hum of tyres on tarmac. It sounds cheesy but its true.