Angry beyond belief

kernel_gadaffi
kernel_gadaffi Posts: 121
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
I've just had my 3rd ride out on my (new last year but haven't had the time to ride it) Genesis Core 30 and decided to stop in a village about 6 miles from home, I propped the bike up nice and safe and out of the way in case someone tripped over it, I was having a drink when a toerag on a brakeless clunker came hurtling towards me, he stuck his left foot onto the back wheel to stop it, only he didn't, I sidestepped to get out of the way but he well and truly skittled my bike, I was gobsmacked as he went into the local shop and left his bike on the path with the rear wheel still spinning, I picked my bike up and checked for damage, the handlebar was scuffed as was the left hand fork leg, there was a good scrape down to the bare aluminium on the left side of the frame and a chunk of paint missing from the crossbar about 20x20 mm, I was fuming, people stood around were looking at me and my bike, complaining about the idiots behaviour, I waited till he came out of the shop and stopped him in his tracks, I informed him that he'll be paying for the damage, he told me to FO or he'd sort me out, a burly bloke nearby saw what happened and told the kid he'd better pay up or he'll get a kicking, he told the pair of us to FO. I looked into his eyes, they were black, what my late father would have said, " he has the eyes of a killer", the bystander got hold of him and held him gently by the throat :roll:, he asked him again if he was going to pay for the damage, the replay was the same, I was so insensed.
I walked up behind him and kicked him so hard up the arse, he dropped to the floor like a stone and didn't/couldn't move, I honestly thought I'd damaged his spine, I felt cold and very worried, the burly bystander said to the kid, "I bet you wished you'd coughed up now you little tw*t", the kid threw up and made no attempt to move, now I'm shaking like a leaf and crapping myself, I told the burly bloke I was calling the police and an ambulance, he said, "don't bother, he's out of his tree on something, anyway, as far as I'm concerned, you were defending yourself from being assaulted". The shop owner came out, saw who the kid was and called his father, a matter of minutes later he appeared and asked what had happened, I'm still shaking and could hardly speak, the burly guy told the father what his son had done and said, the father didn't believe him, I confirmed what the kid had done, his answer was, "my son doesn't do that sort of thing", I said, "OK, I'll call the police then and let them sort it out", this was the catalyst that changed the game plan, the kid got to his feet and ran away, so I told the father that I'd be wanting money from his son to pay for the repair, he told me to FO too and he walked away.
I went into the shop and asked the name of the father and the kid, I also have the address too, I'm a patient person with a very good memory and revenge is a dish best served cold.
Cube Peloton Pro.
Genesis Core 30.

Comments

• t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Paragraph please Carol
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    Criminal damage from him into criminal assault from both :-(

Walking up behind him and kicking him in the arse is hardly self
    defence.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    The world is full of idiots who feel it is their right to do as they like and just say "FO" or use force / intimidation.

Still, the bit about you kicking him in the arse was funny, if a little cowardly!

You do have my sympathies, by the way, and I'm on your side.

Be careful re: revenge! Especially having now posted about it publicly!
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    This is a modern thriller-can I pitch it to C4?
    Keep us posted.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    was it a 'bishop brennan' kick or a toe poker up the hoop?

find out what car the dad drives and invest in a tin of nitromors*

*hypothetically
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    a toerag on a brakeless clunker

people stood around

a burly bloke

the police

an ambulance

The shop owner came out

a matter of minutes later his father appeared

Sleepy village is it?
  • was it a 'bishop brennan' kick or a toe poker up the hoop?

The latter, what we here call a "toe punter", I don't think I caught him "in the ring", I reckon it was around the coccyx, that's what probably made him drop like a hot snot.

To answer Cornerblock, sleepy village, no, too many caravan parks, the differnce between this place and a yoghurt is, the yoghurt has a live culture.
    Cube Peloton Pro.
    Genesis Core 30.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    You can either use physical retribution, or the law.

One or the other. Not both.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Yeah, unfortunate that you booted him up the arse. You might have to just put up with the damage now cos you aint gonna win.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,139
    that kick's probably all the satisfaction you are going to get

even if they nabbed him, the police can't make him pay for the damage and the father doesn't sound cooperative

you'd have to sue him (or the parents if he's a minor) in the small claims court for the cost of repairs plus all your costs and lost time etc., having a witness, assuming you got the big bloke's details, helps a lot

but now you've got the risk they'll try to get you and the big guy done for assault if you sue them - assuming the kid wasn't so spaced that he doesn't even know he was kicked, you never know

if they do try that anyway, then you may as well go for the small claims option, booting him doesn't alter the fact that he caused the damage
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    You kicked him so hard up the bottom he puked? :shock: blimey
    Sure you didn't catch his plums? :cry:
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    merkin wrote:
    You kicked him so hard up the bottom he puked? :shock: blimey
    Sure you didn't catch his plums? :cry:

If he did bust his nuts then maybe he's broken the cycle of breeding :|
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    :shock: Sat here with a coffee.... I love this forum.. suddenly the rain outside matters not :D
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    The boot up the @rse, as "sungod" says is probably the only retribution you'll get mate.

They don't sound like the sort that would bother with the police option, if they were going to do anything it would have been down the physical retribution line at the time.

It's one of those instances that right royaly fcuk up the people like us. Not given to physical violence (indeed never a good idea to pick a fight wearing cycling shoes, especially) and the coppers aren't really bothered, unless there has been violence. Either way the law abiding has the p1ss taken by scum.

Go to work, pay your taxes, expect nothing in return and you'll be happy.

My god I'm angry on your behalf now. :evil:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    (indeed never a good idea to pick a fight wearing cycling shoes, especially)

Road ones with Look-type plates where you might be a bit wobbly on your feet, sure. Now cyclo-cross ones with metal ATAC cleats and spiked studs on the front, that's a different matter....*

David

*Only joking. Don't try this at home.
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    It's frustrating, but at the end of the day it would have gotten scratched anyway...

Sounds like you got your retribution, I'd leave it now...Plod ain't going to be too sympathetic of an adult kicking a child, even a tw@t of a child who deserved it...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • At least it was some scrote and not a lad you cycled with on a daily basis like what happened to me! Had the bike less than a day and he knocked it over scratched the mech and bent the mech hanger... should have toddied him up the arse tbh.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Your bike got a little scratch so you assaulted a youth - maybe you need to chill out before you go out on your bike in traffic, otherwise you'll be likely to end up in a road rage incident (they rarely end well). 8) 8)
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • I've sincet found out that the kid is 22, never worked, probably has no intention of ever doing so, he's the 3rd generation in his family that have managed to get thus far without doing a paid days work, they have 2 holidays a year, smoke and drink all day, want for nothing, big tellys in all rooms and even a motability car! The mother is unable to walk, hence the car, but she still managed to help her husband to build a 20 foot by 6 foot shed in the rear garden along with an 8 foot high wooden fence, the local council insist that the biggest shed allowed is 6 foot, but after it was built, she claimed she claimed she was depressed and the shed made her happy, so it was allowed to stay.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, oh so wrong.
    I think I'll go a tell my doctor I'm depressed and ask for a prescription for a 50" plasma and Sky!
    Cube Peloton Pro.
    Genesis Core 30.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    This has to be a wind up.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    I've sincet found out that the kid is 22, never worked, probably has no intention of ever doing so, he's the 3rd generation in his family that have managed to get thus far without doing a paid days work, they have 2 holidays a year, smoke and drink all day, want for nothing, big tellys in all rooms and even a motability car! The mother is unable to walk, hence the car, but she still managed to help her husband to build a 20 foot by 6 foot shed in the rear garden along with an 8 foot high wooden fence, the local council insist that the biggest shed allowed is 6 foot, but after it was built, she claimed she claimed she was depressed and the shed made her happy, so it was allowed to stay.
    I think I'll go a tell my doctor I'm depressed and ask for a prescription for a 50" plasma and Sky!

If you didn't know who the kids was before, how do you know about 3 generations of both sides of his family and his parents life history in such a short time?

You didn't know all this about his dad when he turned up yesterday?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I've sincet found out that the kid is 22, never worked, probably has no intention of ever doing so, he's the 3rd generation in his family that have managed to get thus far without doing a paid days work, they have 2 holidays a year, smoke and drink all day, want for nothing, big tellys in all rooms and even a motability car! The mother is unable to walk, hence the car, but she still managed to help her husband to build a 20 foot by 6 foot shed in the rear garden along with an 8 foot high wooden fence, the local council insist that the biggest shed allowed is 6 foot, but after it was built, she claimed she claimed she was depressed and the shed made her happy, so it was allowed to stay.

If you didn't know who the kids was before, how do you know about 3 generations of both sides of his family and his parents life history in such a short time?

Does sound a bit suspicious.

Have the Police been around to arrest the disgruntledgoat for assault yet?
  • disgruntledgoat
    In the words of Jimmy McNulty

"What the fupp did I do?"

@gietvangent
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    In the words of Jimmy McNulty

"What the fupp did I do?"

Ooopps, sorry, I meant Kernel Gadaffi.

Unless you've done something wrong? Do you have an alibi?
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110

There are lots of areas around here like that. I dont think I live too far from the OP and you will find many travelling communities and small villages where they like to talk and something like that will spread like wildfire.

Doesn't take long to find out as they have nothing better to talk about :D
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    natrix wrote:
    Your bike got a little scratch so you assaulted a youth - maybe you need to chill out before you go out on your bike in traffic, otherwise you'll be likely to end up in a road rage incident (they rarely end well). 8) 8)

I would suggest the only reason the youth was assaulted was because of his attitude.

I've no doubt our bikes get scratched/damaged etc in the ordinary run of things,indeed, this would almost have been "one of those things" had the scrote put his hands up and appologised etc. Thing is he didn't,in fact, he was beligerent.

You buy a bike brand new, as the shopkeeper wheels it out the shop he scrapes it on the door frame damaging the bike. Do you say you're alright mate it'll get scratche at some point anyway.............................I think not.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • The reason I found out so much about the oxygen thieves is, a lot of my old school mates and friends live in the place I'm talking about, it is only 6 miles from my home, it doesn't take long to get to the bottom of things and to find out what you need to know, the authorities as are most of the village aware of what goes on, but until the justice system is sorted and things go in favour of the innocent for a change, I can't see there being an improvement.
    I drove passed the home of the brain donors just after lunch and as I expected, it has all the hallmarks of a house of scum, no fence, a 3 foot high lawn, diesel Transit abandoned outside, discarded fridge outside, engines, gearboxes, wheel and tyres along with a tied up mangy dog, does this ring a bell with anyone?

As far as the comment about me needing to chill out before a ride, if I get any more laid back I'll need to ride a recumbent :roll:
    Cube Peloton Pro.
    Genesis Core 30.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I love cakestop, popcorn please as this thread has everything,

Carnage,
    Drug taking,
    Crashes,
    Violence,
    Bad grammar,
    Stream of conciousness typing,
    Legal action,
    Bikes,
    Social commentary....

can't wait for the next episode. :D
  • giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    The reason I found out so much about the oxygen thieves is, a lot of my old school mates and friends live in the place I'm talking about, it is only 6 miles from my home, it doesn't take long to get to the bottom of things and to find out what you need to know, the authorities as are most of the village aware of what goes on, but until the justice system is sorted and things go in favour of the innocent for a change, I can't see there being an improvement.
    I drove passed the home of the brain donors just after lunch and as I expected, it has all the hallmarks of a house of scum, no fence, a 3 foot high lawn, diesel Transit abandoned outside, discarded fridge outside, engines, gearboxes, wheel and tyres along with a tied up mangy dog, does this ring a bell with anyone?

quote]
    Sounds a bit like a place where someone might turn to an assault to settle an argument?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited June 2012
    *makes note about fence requirement*
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/