Chamois Cream

2»

Comments

• ste_
    ste_ Posts: 124
    JGSI wrote:
    Thats alright then.
    If or when you start to do multi day events or 2 intense rides a week interspersed by training/turbo work, you'll get to understand the value of the product.
    Even good quality bibs and inserts need the added chamois cream, well for me they do...(oh it is not really the nuts that get the treatment to be precise)
    prevention is definitely better than the cure!!

That's quite presumptuous. I don't get any rubbing near any part that my shorts touch, so genuinely had no idea what the product was for.

Fair enough though, if I ever drop down to only riding as often as you do and find I develop an issue I'll bear the stuff in mind.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    If you guys are using Sudocreme, it might be worth considering Bepanthen. I've only ever used it for the healing of tattoos, but it apparently lets the skin underneath breath much better than others of the same variety.

From using Bepanthen when my toddler was a baby - I would say it's going to stain the shorts bright yellow!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I use the Centuray Riding cream from Sportique. I found daily use of assos (when I was commuting...the shame!) started to give me skin problems after a while. THis one does nt. Nice and thick and slippery and washes out easily - smells nice too. It does nt tingle either..which I confess I miss a bit...

http://sportiquebodycare.com/products/s ... m?vmcchk=1

Their other stuff is nice too, but I ve not used much of it tbh
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver