Father of the year at QE today

Twelly
Twelly Posts: 1,437
edited June 2012 in MTB general
So I was at QE today, just finished the red trail, packing up in the car park and this guy comes barrelling over the jumps on the new bottom section on a rickety old POS - 5 dickhead points - with no helmet on - 10 dickhead points - oh, and did I mention he had a little girl strapped in a child carrier attached to the bike - 4 million dickhead points.

This girl can't have been much older than 3 years old and he is hurling his bike over jumps, round switchbacks and down the mini rock garden with her on the back.

Anyone else think this guy is the stupidest bell end going or is it just me?

Oh and if you are a member on here and reading this - twat.

Comments

• Stu Coops
    Stu Coops Posts: 426
    Agree with your comments but why didn't you try eductating him if only for the little girls sake
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Bloody hell :shock:

Here's hoping his wife finds out - that'll be the easiest way to ensure he doesn't do it again :wink:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    TwellySmat wrote:
    So I was at QE today, just finished the red trail, packing up in the car park and this guy comes barrelling over the jumps on the new bottom section on a rickety old POS - 5 dickhead points - with no helmet on - 10 dickhead points - oh, and did I mention he had a little girl strapped in a child carrier attached to the bike - 4 million dickhead points.

This girl can't have been much older than 3 years old and he is hurling his bike over jumps, round switchbacks and down the mini rock garden with her on the back.

Anyone else think this guy is the stupidest bell end going or is it just me?

Oh and if you are a member on here and reading this - fool.

4,000,015 dickhead points in one sitting??? Surely that must be a record??

Oh and he's a prize cock too! I would have educated him with summat heavy... Probably my right fist in a uppercut fashion!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    steelie600 wrote:

Oh and he's a prize fool too! I would have educated him with summat heavy... Probably my right fist in a uppercut fashion!

Yeah, but, you wouldn't have though. You like everyone else would have looked, made some comment where he can't hear you and told everyone else but him about it.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Briggo wrote:
    steelie600 wrote:

Oh and he's a prize fool too! I would have educated him with summat heavy... Probably my right fist in a uppercut fashion!

Yeah, but, you wouldn't have though. You like everyone else would have looked, made some comment where he can't hear you and told everyone else but him about it.

+ Interwebbo hardspuds
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    It may be the same bloke... I saw a man with no lid and his daughter on a tag-a-long riding the Final Descent and JBF - but that was before we put the rock steps in. Idiot.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • jehosophat
    jehosophat Posts: 108
    Unreal. I was always nervous about even gentle road riding with a child seat or tow along. If anything goes wrong the child is at the most risk..

You see the same thing in cars - the tiny brained idiots that can't bear not to race everyone even though they have their family in the car with them. Not cool. Having a fast car, and /or an overdeveloped ego, does not mean you have to drive fast all the time...
  • steelie600
    Briggo wrote:
    steelie600 wrote:

AH HA but thats where your wrong Robin!

I defo would have told him that he was a prize bellend and possibly shoved his nose out the back of his head!

Being ex-army, and a bit wrong in the head kinda does that to me!

Not that im violent, im a pacifist, honest............
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    My mate filmed some guy riding a unicycles with a little kid on his shoulders heading out on to a busy road. I'll see if I can find it.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • oodboo
    Found it but he only shared it with friends.

Strava
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    steelie600 wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    steelie600 wrote:

I defo would have told him that he was a prize bellend and possibly shoved his nose out the back of his head!

I'd guess that the kid is more likely to be damaged by someone like you than by going cycling with her dad. :roll:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Briggo
    steelie600 wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    steelie600 wrote:

Well done, I do believe you're now on par with the father for bellend points.
  • Briggo wrote:
    steelie600 wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    steelie600 wrote:

Well done, I do believe you're now on par with the father for bellend points.

It's going to be a close finish, next bellend point wins it!
  • steelie600
    Mint never won owt in my life!!

So im a bellend cos ive actually got the plums to confront said tw@ and point out his errors and not afraid if he kicks off?

OK THEN, BYE BYE NOW [/Ace Ventura]
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • billyballs
    billyballs Posts: 41
    Now, say he did this on his bike with small child on board and just in his underpants, he would be the ALL TIME DICKHEAD POINTS record holder. But his behaviour is not what the mountain bike community needs. shame on him. Bellend of the year i,d say.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    I would have stopped him, asked for his address, then written him a sten letter.

With no stamp on, so he would have to collect it from the sorting office and pay a pound for the privelage.

That'll teach him.
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    What business is it of anyone what he does, he wasn't breaking any law and as an adult he can make his own decisions, they might not have been decisions you might make but what makes it anyone's right to go punch him in the face in front of his kid or otherwise reprimand him.
  • Twelly
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    What business is it of anyone what he does, he wasn't breaking any law and as an adult he can make his own decisions, they might not have been decisions you might make but what makes it anyone's right to go punch him in the face in front of his kid or otherwise reprimand him.

I'm pretty sure this country does have laws about looking after children properly and not putting them in needless danger.

Of course he is an adult and can make his own decisions, I was just pointing out he made the wrong one.
  • oodboo
    Mojo_666 wrote:

Social responsibility and concern for the welfare of a minor would justify some sort of action for me, however I don't condone any violence. Self defense yes, aggresion no.

Strava
  • steelie600
    Never said id go outta my way to punch him, although if he dis agreed with my decision, he'd have got one..

Don't make me a bad person, just a concerned citizen.

The world needs tough love, its all gone soft with the health n safety brigade, the human rights wallers etc etc.
    People wonder why kids today are such little bar stewards, no punishment, no sense of place, no control.

Hell when I was a kid you didnt dare say boo to a goose in case you got a slap! This guy was obviously pampered by his parents, knows no right from wrong and I now wanna slap his old man too just for good measure!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Twelly
    steelie600 wrote:
    Never said id go outta my way to punch him, although if he dis agreed with my decision, he'd have got one..

Don't make me a bad person, just a concerned citizen.

The world needs tough love, its all gone soft with the health n safety brigade, the human rights wallers etc etc.
    People wonder why kids today are such little bar stewards, no punishment, no sense of place, no control.

Hell when I was a kid you didnt dare say boo to a goose in case you got a slap! This guy was obviously pampered by his parents, knows no right from wrong and I now wanna slap his old man too just for good measure!

Ok... completely irrelevant really...
  • steelie600
    Sorry my meds havent kicked in yet and im on my bed sickmeh! So im in rant mode! LOL
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Do they cuff you to your bed at night?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • steelie600
    cooldad wrote:
    Do they cuff you to your bed at night?

Only when I ask her to :D :P
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • andy_welch
    andy_welch Posts: 1,101
    It's not something I'd choose to do, but chances are that the kid will survive and grow up to kick the butts of our molly coddled children. When she's on TV (having won some medal) talking about how her Dad used to take her round mountain bike tracks in her child seat perhaps our views on his parenting skills might be a bit different.

Cheers,

Andy
  • I'm sort of with Andy on this one... I'd prefer to see a father doing this with their kids than wrapping them up in cotton wool, treating them like little princes/princesses and having a meltdown every time the little dears graze their knees. I remember overtaking a dad with a tag-along going down Pink Heifer at CYB.. the kid was bouncing all over the place but had an ear to ear grin on.. great stuff!
  • You know what, I'd even say he's a better father than the countless parents who feed their kids junk food and allow them to sit down for endless hours in front of the TV or games consols. At least he's out doing something real with his kids that they'll remember.. OK, his methods, kit and route choice need modifying but it's still better than raising a fat risk averse zombie.
  • steelie600
    Cant argue with that tbh, but like you say his methods need amendment. Endangering your child, recklessly cannot ever be tolerated!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Briggo
    steelie600 wrote:
    Cant argue with that tbh, but like you say his methods need amendment. Endangering your child, recklessly cannot ever be tolerated!

I think what we need to do is knock seven shades of sh1te out of him and then perhaps he'll change his method.