You are what you eat?

2»

Comments

• Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    one of the worse crimes must be philadelphia chocolate cheese - i mean wtf. :x
    People keep recommending that sh*t to me. Now, I'm open minded and I'm not afraid of trying new things. But seriously, anyone who recommends it can f*ck right off. It's an insult.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Sex and cooking have one thing in common - bloody boring when your on your own
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Sex and cooking have one thing in common - bloody boring when your on your own

Two things, it's always down to you to wash up!
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I AM CHEESE ON TOAST.
  • pinno
    This week I have been mostly eating pickled onions
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    I am Jubilee cup cake.
  • nweststeyn
    I am a butternut squash and chilli soup.
  • Dog Breath
    Dog Breath Posts: 314
    one of the worse crimes must be philadelphia chocolate cheese - i mean wtf. :x

+1. Mrs DB just bought some to see what it's like, and we both think it's disgusting stuff. It will end up going in the bin.

Enjoy cooking at weekends when I have time (mediterranean roasted veg tonight), but during the week it tends to be stuff out of jars (pasta / curry) with extras thrown in.
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • nweststeyn
    I have just finished grinding some cumin, coriander, fennel, tumeric and fenugreek in my mortar & pestle and my fiance is currently pre-frying some chicken before baking in a fresh tomato, onion and coriander base, avec my spice mix.

Hooray for Sundays!
  • pinno
    nweststeyn wrote:
    I have just finished grinding some cumin, coriander, fennel, tumeric and fenugreek in my mortar & pestle and my fiance is currently pre-frying some chicken before baking in a fresh tomato, onion and coriander base, avec my spice mix.

Hooray for Sundays!

Me thinks you are going to spread that spicey mix all over your todger, if the truth be known. :shock:
  • nweststeyn
    It stung :(
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    nweststeyn wrote:
    It stung :(

You should try chilli powder on your bell-end! :cry:
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    People pay £1 for a packaged sliced apple when an apple is 50p.
    People are lazy. And stupid. End of.
    Why not simply bite and chew? Or, if it is for children,* why not simply cut it yourself?

* I know someone who does this :roll:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    You can't beat home-made food. Once my missus made her first lasgane, there was no going back to Findus shite! The same with quiche, macaroni cheese, meatballs, coleslaw, cheese savoury, pease pudding and stuffing. Shop cheese-cakes? No way! Homemade Lime torte or baked raspberry cheescake in this house!
    Not keen on her bread though, bless her.
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    pek, lovely
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Jeezus - I can't believe people say they don't like cooking... good food makes a day!
    As for the amount of time it takes, have you never heard of cassaroles, or roasting? One pot cooking?

Pre Tour TV show - ½hour
    Veg you choose - chop + tinned tomatoes + maybe lentils or chickpeas or beans
    Meat you choose- Slice
    Herbs you choose- Shake; but chopped fresh is better
    glass red or white wine or ½ bottle of beer
    Salt & Pepper
    Put all this in a cassarole dish in the oven for 2hrs before the end of the stage at 180degC

When Cav/Wiggo/Evans/Sanchez/Hushovd cross the line turn off oven and serve with crusty bread
    Repeat for 3 weeks by interchanging the the above combo
  • Herbsman
    daviesee wrote:
    People pay £1 for a packaged sliced apple when an apple is 50p.
    People are lazy. And stupid. End of.
    Why not simply bite and chew? Or, if it is for children,* why not simply cut it yourself?

* I know someone who does this :roll:
    Lady in our office pays something like £2 for some packaged mango slices from Tesco :?

Whereas 2 minutes up the road you get 3 mangoes for £1.

Beggars belief.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Herbsman
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Jeezus - I can't believe people say they don't like cooking... good food makes a day!
    As for the amount of time it takes, have you never heard of cassaroles, or roasting? One pot cooking?

Pre Tour TV show - ½hour
    Meat you choose- Slice
    Salt & Pepper
    Put all this in a cassarole dish in the oven for 2hrs before the end of the stage at 180degC

When Cav/Wiggo/Evans/Sanchez/Hushovd cross the line turn off oven and serve with crusty bread
    What, no Maillard reaction? Unbrowned meat in a casserole????
  • joshr96
    joshr96 Posts: 153
    I think it's something to do with the pasty tax?
    Carrera TDF 2011 Limited Edition.
    Crossbow Hybrid
    Boardman AiR 9.8 one day..
  • Rigged
    Rigged Posts: 214
    Redhog14 wrote:

Pre Tour TV show - ½hour
    Meat you choose- Slice
    Salt & Pepper

Agreed good food is fantastic! Thing is I find a meal I've cooked I enjoy far less. Funnily enough I remember my mum always saying the same too. Perhaps it's something to do with standing over the smells for so long it dulls your taste buds...just speculating!

As for cassaroles/one-pot cooking...I'm not a fan at all. I'm probably in a minority but a lot of English food bores me. It seems that it's mostly just throw whatever you have in a pot and cook it for ages, maybe wrap it in some pastry, and then it all comes out tasting the same. It's OK occasionally, but as a regular thing I soon get bored and certainly nothing to get me excited.

I like a lot of Asian cuisine. A nice mix of hot and sweet like Vietnamese Kho makes me very happy. Fortunately that's basically a stir-fry dish and can be cooked in 20 minutes without much skill.

I guess that's the thing with food, everyone has very individual tastes.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Rigged wrote:
    Redhog14 wrote:

Pre Tour TV show - ½hour
    Meat you choose- Slice
    Salt & Pepper

Agreed good food is fantastic! Thing is I find a meal I've cooked I enjoy far less. Funnily enough I remember my mum always saying the same too. Perhaps it's something to do with standing over the smells for so long it dulls your taste buds...just speculating!

As for cassaroles/one-pot cooking...I'm not a fan at all. I'm probably in a minority but a lot of English food bores me. It seems that it's mostly just throw whatever you have in a pot and cook it for ages, maybe wrap it in some pastry, and then it all comes out tasting the same. It's OK occasionally, but as a regular thing I soon get bored and certainly nothing to get me excited.

I like a lot of Asian cuisine. A nice mix of hot and sweet like Vietnamese Kho makes me very happy. Fortunately that's basically a stir-fry dish and can be cooked in 20 minutes without much skill.

I guess that's the thing with food, everyone has very individual tastes.

Cassoulet/Balti/Paella - all one pot food and not English - like me! - Real name Pierre Vishal Sanchez