Light weight wheels for heavy rider ??

13»

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    200g seat, exotic carbon post, xtr cranks, job done, still rubbish over roots though
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yep I agree, rubbish over roots ... but I dont ride that terrain anyway really as I am after speed and fitness, plus I "should" leave every heavy full sus in my dust on a normal trail 8)

Top speed on my local trail is usually 22.2mph and today I got 24.2mph which I never managed before so thats a bonus.
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    any pictures of the wheels?
  • Anonymous
    Sorry mate only just seen this, sure i'll fire some up in one mo :D
  • Anonymous
    37387231.jpg

36829257.jpg

44785122.jpg

94336190.jpg

22161281.jpg

49143114.jpg

86631244.jpg
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Stunning - amazing to see someone with a high end fully rigid too in a world of suspended bikes! Usually the rigid is the pub bike or a 10 year old Giant Boulder...
  • Anonymous
    Thanks mate :D

I hated front sus, and was a bit worried goin rigid but I dont find it a problem really, ya feel it in ya bones slightly more but really theres not that much difference unless ya proper bomin it over obsticles etc.
  • booyaka
    cheers for the pictures - good build quality? happy with the wheels?
  • Anonymous
    Yeah there amazin mate, the difference its made again is shocking, I know theres a huge difference because the trails where I normally run I can take flat out, now I am having to brake and shrug off speed down hill to make the corner as am going that much quicker :D

I even prefer these to the Cobalt crank brothers wheelset I had - 10/10
  • seems ive missed the updates for this, looks good fella, glad your happy and saw the difference! i'd think you'd be hard pushed to save much more weight unless your cranks are Heavy?? you may get it under 10kg but you may loose some comfort in the saddle! ;-)
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Anonymous
    Thanks mate :) I'm happy with the weight its at now to be honest, me mate had a go yesterday and said how he couldn't stop it wheeling, I think the 70mm stem might have sommat to do with that too.

Standard crank is very heavy and ill probably go single speed in time, but she rides lovely at no am very happy with it :D
  • booyaka
    CubeCrazy wrote:
    Yeah there amazin mate, the difference its made again is shocking, I know theres a huge difference because the trails where I normally run I can take flat out, now I am having to brake and shrug off speed down hill to make the corner as am going that much quicker :D

I even prefer these to the Cobalt crank brothers wheelset I had - 10/10

good to know - will probably order the same now.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    CubeCrazy wrote:
    Yes I sure was but with the tubes only weighing 95gms I figured theres not much if any weight saving going tubeless and it could be a potentially worse problem if I get a slash in my tyre when out and about.

I dont really know enough about tubeless technology yet to trust it, and I thought it may be easier to just patch a puncture rather than deal with all the mess of tubeless.

Anything that slashes a tubeless tyre would slash a tube, so just carry a spare tube like you should anyway, if the tubeless tyre is damaged and won't repair then put the tube in.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."