Is Jessica Ennis fat?

letap73
letap73 Posts: 1,608
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
As subject title, apparently some Olympic official stated this, got a cross section of opinion from some colleagues at work - there were some who thought she was. I am starting to think I live in a parallel universe:
Jessica_Ennis_TeamGB_2012a1.jpg

Comments

• upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    I heard of this yesterday and it wasnt just Jessica Ennis that was accused of being fat...

The mind boggles it really does,

Proof once again that natural selection is failing dismally.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Answer - No.

Moving on.......

Do stick insects have to avoid unwanted advances from your colleagues?

Stickinsect.jpg
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    daviesee wrote:
    Stickinsect.jpg

I think it's disgusting that you have chosen a stick insect with self-harm issues. You thoughtless sod.
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    just proves there are a lot for so called "officals" who are simply not on this planet !!!!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    She, and most other top flight heptathletes, are probably the very definition of a perfectly toned, healthy and athletic body. It would be interesting to see an image of the person who made these ridiculous comments so that we can all pass judgement on them! It's idiots like that who are responsible for my teenage daughter, who has a build on the skinny side of athletic, to make statements about needing to lose weight :evil:

At least Jess had the last laugh and smashed the British record at the weekend, the idiot must have egg all over their face now :lol:
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    She's got a six pack not a party pack!
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    GiantMike wrote:
    I think it's disgusting that you have chosen a stick insect with self-harm issues. You thoughtless sod.
    I went out of my way to avoid the anorexic ones. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pross wrote:
    She, and most other top flight heptathletes, are probably the very definition of a perfectly toned, healthy and athletic body. It would be interesting to see an image of the person who made these ridiculous comments so that we can all pass judgement on them! It's idiots like that who are responsible for my teenage daughter, who has a build on the skinny side of athletic, to make statements about needing to lose weight :evil:

At least Jess had the last laugh and smashed the British record at the weekend, the idiot must have egg all over their face now :lol:

There's a saying in Holland, that top sport isn't healthy.

Just saying like.
  • appletrees
    appletrees Posts: 327
    Absolutely appalling situation, and read in conjunction with the story of Hollie Avil retiring at 22 from triathlon due to developing an eating disorder at 18 that was brought on by an ill-judged comment from a coach, I, and I fear getting all Daily Mail here, think that the official should be named, should apologise publicly, and should probably also resign.

Clearly Jess Ennis has her head screwed on enough to ignore such stupidity, but younger, more vulnerable athletes may not.

And it's not just women this affects. I know a lad who was Junior British timetrial best all rounder. He could do sub 21 minute 10's at 17 and looked a very promising prospect. He was then told by some idiot that he would get faster if he lost more weight and developed a massive eating disorder, but wouldn't admit it. He got progressively slower on the bike and spent more and more time experimenting with bizarre positions to try and get "lower at the front", to try to regain his former speed, without success. His legs were genuinely like spaghetti and he was barely able to touch the pedals with his toes at the extremes of the experimentation, and in the last 10 I saw him ride, he did 37 minutes...but position, sadly, was not the problem.

He now doesn't cycle and looks a lot healthier, but if someone is a bit naive and fragile, comments like that can be incredibly destructive.

And no, she's not fat, in answer to the original question.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    she is a bit plump
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    she is a bit plump

She has also been photoshopped to within an inch of her life likeness.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    she is a bit plump

[ill-conceived comment mode] I'd say she was 'chunky' rather than 'plump'. Plump people smile more, she always looks a bit miserable. She'd definately run faster if she smiled more, possibly as a result of taking drugs? [/ill-conceived comment mode]
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Don't suppose this official might have had a funny accent (Kiwi? Sithafrikan?) and was actually pronoucing her "fit". It is quite sad really - although the picture in the OP looks like a CGI of her.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    I would call her "sturdy"
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    daviesee wrote:
    Answer - No.

Moving on.......

Do stick insects have to avoid unwanted advances from your colleagues?

Stickinsect.jpg

We're in the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Nope,she's just right :)
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    I originally thought that the story has a misprint & thought "Of course she's fit!"
    Then I realised that it had been written with reference to a moron!
    Here weekend results suggest that whatever he weight is, it's just right!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • monkeydan
    monkeydan Posts: 95
    2/10 would not bang
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    monkeydan wrote:
    2/10 would not bang
    2/10 serveyed were gay and didn't fancy her either way ?
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    article-2151035-13525804000005DC-130_468x299.jpg

I never used to like fat girls but she's hot :D
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Found it.

Its pure unadulterated blobby, viscous, fat. Its about 2mm wide and can be seen just under her left arm.

ennis.jpg
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I'd kill to have her calf muscles!
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    Wow if every fat women looked liked Jessica Ennis... well... erm.... I wouldn't get much work done... :lol: :P
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Is she fat? Course not. Is she phat*? Oh yeah!

*I can't really speak street, I had to look it up!
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    She's absolutely feckin' gorgeous! :D

How could anyone say she was fat??? :roll:
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    It's a stupid statement for someone to make.

She may be a lot heavier for her height than some other ladies, but she's definitely not fat.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Rigga wrote:
    I'd kill to have her calf muscles wrapped around my back!

Fixed.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Wouldn't kick her out of bed.......... :twisted:

Fat? no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fit? Yessssssssssssssss very. If more women had her figure, there would be less muffin-tops and lard-arses about!
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    The UK Athletics official who said this should be booted out.

Not sure if anyone else seen this but the UK lost a really talented Triathlete last week over what stems from a similar, irresponsible remark:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/triathlon/18157425

Disgraceful.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    I'd never notice if she was fat or not she transfixes me with her smile so much. Always gladdens my heart(and other parts) when I see her face. :oops: