Best app Or computer for tracking my rides

2»

Comments

• alex1rob
    alex1rob Posts: 95
    If not cyclemeter app is by far the most accomplished iphone app. You can export to social websites and you can email yourself the GPX files to use on strava. But not as good for training as the edge.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Edge 500 for me... Just amazing bit of kit
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 1,387
    I bought a cheap Forerunner 305 from Amazon and find that pretty good as a bike computer - I upload to Strava which is great for comparing to previous rides and to other riders.

I added a pile of cheap bike mounts (also from Amazon) plus a bike cadence sensor from Ebay (and for running a shoe cadence sensor, also cheap from Ebay). It's a very effective system for a total spend of perhaps £175 or so (which includes mounts on about 8 bikes).
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I have a RAM bar mount for my iPhone and used Motion X or Cyclemeter (the former is much more accurate) but battery life is dire using GPS apps. 3-4 hours was as good as I got from a full battery. It's not just cycling, Golfshot is the same.

I now have a Garmin 800 for cycling.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Dan_Giant
    Dan_Giant Posts: 72
    Bike brain app for iPhone for me. Use the Topeak mount for phone too. Excellent combo in my eyes and love the analog look on the app for speedo. It can be linked to ANT+ keys too for heart rate and cadence of you want it too.

Dan
  • bikingjohn
    bikingjohn Posts: 202
    Was using Endomondo with Galaxy Nexus phone. Works fine.

Tried Strava and ditched Endomondo.
    The automatic segment matching feature is the most important advantage against Endomondo.
    Strava amles you compare with your own results very easily.

Btw, apps doesn't improve GPS tracking accuracy, your phone does.

In the end, got a Garmin Edge 500. Wonderful GPS accuracy. Works great with Strava.
    2015 Trek Domane 4.5 Disc
    http://chup.info/c/tag/trek/