Should i feel like this?

mosa
mosa Posts: 754
Hello all, may be a daft question but ive been cycling now since feb regularly, say 35 at weekend and at least 15-20 every other night. I have a protein shake after the ride and again in the morning. I am also reducing my weight or trying to. The question is i still struggle at times and find it hard to get more miles in. My pb is 37miles @ an average of 16.4mph my legs or thighs constantly feel heavy/tight but the day after i still feel as if i can head out again.

Is there anything i can do differently to increase my mileage.

Also do i need to have a protein shake after my rides (only do it to repair muscles)

thanks
My bikes

2018 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro

Comments

• estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    have a rest day

or some cross training..... hit the pool

but if your legs are tired they are......... they need some rest
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    mosa wrote:
    Is there anything i can do differently to increase my mileage?
    If you can ride 100+ miles in total in a week then you can ride 70-80 miles in one go. If you want to ride further then set off and just keep riding - but not too hard. Expect to be 1 to 2mph slower if you want to ride further. And make sure you keep eating snacks as you go - banana, biscuits, flapjack, anything really - and plenty of water of course.
    Also do i need to have a protein shake after my rides (only do it to repair muscles)
    No. A normal diet is all you need.

Ruth
  • mosa
    mosa Posts: 754
    Thanks for the replies. I usually put zero tablets in my water do I need to this all the time or is water alone sufficient ?
    My bikes

2018 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    mosa wrote:
    Thanks for the replies. I usually put zero tablets in my water do I need to this all the time or is water alone sufficient ?
    They're not necessary if you're eating regularly. You'll get what you need from the food.

Ruth