• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    What bike are they going on kevin?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    What bike are they going on kevin?

cove stiffee fr:

p4pb8167450.jpg

can't wait to get it built up, i think i'm gonna put my pikes from my full suss on there for the moment then swap them over when i get them back
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Nice! I was thinking about building one up a few weeks ago but went with a second hand norco instead.
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    That was lucky you having paint left over from your decking to paint your frame with :wink:
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Any news kev? in the market for new forks as my mate wants my old rev's and would be really interested in buying this model if they have sorted it out
  • welshkev
    lawman wrote:
    Any news kev? in the market for new forks as my mate wants my old rev's and would be really interested in buying this model if they have sorted it out

i've only just had time to box them up today, i'll post them tomorrow and see what happens, they've said that they'll swap them so fingers crossed.

they haven't made it easy though as everything else is in a few different languages - i understand english and spanish - but the returns form is german only :lol:
  • welshkev
    That was lucky you having paint left over from your decking to paint your frame with :wink:

yeah it's a new security measure because of all these bike thefts recently, i can just lay the bike on th edecking and no-one will see it :lol:
  • welshkev
    punkatron1 wrote:
    Posting them today so will let you know how I get on.

how much did it cost you? cheapest i've found so far is £33!!
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    welshkev wrote:
    punkatron1 wrote:

Try www.P4D.co.uk kev
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • welshkev
    1mancity2 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    punkatron1 wrote:

Try http://www.P4D.co.uk kev

that's a better price :D cheers mate
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Just looking at the advert - if the gist of your complaint is that the steerer tube is steel rather than aluminium . . . .
      Gabelschaft:
    • Stahl
    • 265mm ungekürzte Länge

. . . this means, Steerer tube, steel, 265mm uncut length. It also says
    • Ausfallenden: 9mm (Schnellspanner)

which means, 9mm Q/R. So you might not be able to claim that you haven't got what it says in the advert
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • welshkev
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Just looking at the advert - if the gist of your complaint is that the steerer tube is steel rather than aluminium . . . .
      Gabelschaft:
    • Stahl
    • 265mm ungekürzte Länge

. . . this means, Steerer tube, steel, 265mm uncut length. It also says
    • Ausfallenden: 9mm (Schnellspanner)

which means, 9mm Q/R. So you might not be able to claim that you haven't got what it says in the advert

they've changed the advert and the price since i bought them, i have my original email confirmation that says i have ordered them with a 15mm maxle and an aluminium steerer

EDIT: yeah, the original link goes to the forks i have recieved, but it didn't originally it went to these ones:

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1025/ ... ml?mfid=45
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    welshkev wrote:
    I have my original email confirmation that says i have ordered them with a 15mm maxle and an aluminium steerer
    All becomes clear now. In that case, I'd say you're on fairly solid ground!
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • punkatron1
    punkatron1 Posts: 134
    I ended up paying £49 at the post office. Just had an email confirming dispatch of the maxle version so will see what turns up.

No mention of repaying postage though so will call up tomorrow.
    Too many bikes, not all fully built.
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    punkatron1 wrote:
    I ended up paying £49 at the post office. Just had an email confirming dispatch of the maxle version so will see what turns up.

WHAT!!! :shock: :shock:

I couriered a 2.5kg parcel to Germany last month for £18 (48 hour delivery) - I can only hope they repay the postage for you as that is a crazy amount to pay out!
  • punkatron1
    Most helpful, thanks.
  • welshkev
    booyaka wrote:
    punkatron1 wrote:

I couriered a 2.5kg parcel to Germany last month for £18 (48 hour delivery) - I can only hope they repay the postage for you as that is a crazy amount to pay out!

yeah £51 i was quoted at the post office and £33 by parcel force.

but due to various reasons it looks like i'll be keeping th eone's that were sent to me. i know they're not as good as the one's ordered but like i said other factors have caused me to think about keeping them :?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    welshkev wrote:
    booyaka wrote:
    punkatron1 wrote:

yeah £51 i was quoted at the post office and £33 by parcel force.

but due to various reasons it looks like i'll be keeping th eone's that were sent to me. i know they're not as good as the one's ordered but like i said other factors have caused me to think about keeping them :?

Fair enough, but you have rights to what you were sold, you were given the wrong product, in which case you are completely within your rights that they are replaced with the correct product at their expense, otherwise you could seriously consider taking legal action
  • punkatron1
    Just had an email saying that the £49 postage has been repaid. Hopefully the right ones turn up this time!
  • punkatron1
    The correct forks arrived today. Despite the hassle its been worth it as they're a bargain at £222 delivered (twice).
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    punkatron1 wrote:
    Just had an email saying that the £49 postage has been repaid. Hopefully the right ones turn up this time!

excellent service and you can forgive the initial error when stuff like this happens.