Spot the error.....

2»

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    It is just a cheap Weinmann Pegasus rim on a Novatec hub, I doubt much thought went into the aero dynamic research of the rim, they just wanted something to sell to big fat tarts like me:

IMG_7575_resize.jpg

I must admit that I do hanker after a Planet x carbon 80mm rear rim.....but not sure if it would take the commuting abuse.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I've got the same rear wheel (from Varno) and I guess I am also a big tart (not fat though).

I like its 36 spokes for reasons of durability. I can wheelie hazards that I can see, but I've never been able to bunny-hop a fixie, so a good strong/durable rear wheel is a must.
    I've got a 20 bladed spoked front wheel for the obligatory fixie mis-matched wheel look.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    I bunny hopped on my fixie once just out of instinct, when I saw a pot hole at the last minute.

It was terrifying.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • EKE_38BPM
    pangolin wrote:
    I bunny hopped on my fixie once just out of instinct, when I saw a pot hole at the last minute.

It was terrifying.

I've tried many times and failed every time. I also cannot trackstand with my front wheel facing to the right or with my right foot forward. Because of the lack of these skills I cannot ride backwards in little circles.

Must. Practice. More.

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Have we established what the error is?

I'm on tenterhooks.

Seriously.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • EKE_38BPM
    Asprilla wrote:

I'm on tenterhooks.

Seriously.
    Yeah.
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Front tyre looks a little flat? :p

We have a winner.....fecking rim tape split in the rim and a spoke pierced the tube, must have happened just as I pulled up....noticed the flat at lunch.
    That was a really tough one. I may as well post a picture of my fixie and ask everyone to spot that I currently have wet lube on rather than dry, considering the current weather.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    That was a really tough one. I may as well post a picture of my fixie and ask everyone to spot that I currently have wet lube on rather than dry, considering the current weather.

Not if you're an all round hero obviously ;).
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Asprilla wrote:

I'm on tenterhooks.

Seriously.

You'll have to read back a fair bit......in the first page.

**Flat tyre due to rim tape splitting and exposing the spoke holes, must have occurred just when I parked the bike up. Only noticed it when I popped out for a sandwich......annoyed and it has never happened to me before!