Renshaw

2»

Comments

• Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Fail - So he says Giro has been a "Success" even tho he's abandoned ???? he's lucky he does not have a Kelly or Hinault as a DS or they would have kicked his Ar*e and made him stay.
  • liquor box
    liquor box Posts: 184
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Fail - So he says Giro has been a "Success" even tho he's abandoned ???? he's lucky he does not have a Kelly or Hinault as a DS or they would have kicked his Ar*e and made him stay.
    This is why Zabel is my favourite all time sprinter, he actually could go over hills and I think he used to complete the TDF most of the time.

Pulling out is soft, if you cant complete, then dont enter
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    liquor box wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    This is why Zabel is my favourite all time sprinter, he actually could go over hills and I think he used to complete the TDF most of the time.

Zabel was a doper. There is little to respect in his ability to get over the hills and complete the TDF.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    liquor box wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Zabel was a doper. There is little to respect in his ability to get over the hills and complete the TDF.
    Hmm.
    If Zabel is to be believed (and I think he probably is), on a chart of dopers, he was right down the bottom on the 6th tier (presuming there are only 6 tiers in the chart).
    He was a case of 'once bitten, twice shy'.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Cav said himself a couple of years ago (last year?) that there was only one sprinter who could touch him and that was Goss.

I think Renshaw's make or break year is next year, not this. He's got to learn his trade.
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    Isn't just fair to say he isn't a world class sprinter? Hell, he's faster than me and faster than lots of others but he doesn't seem to have that kick over the last 2-300m. If a "sprint" was a timed 500m I would think he'd have a shot at more wins.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Coriander wrote:
    In an interview in this month's Cycle Sport he says that Sky didn't want him enough (and I didn't feel he was talking about money).

Yes I was going to post that but you got in first! He also intimated but didn't elaborate that Sky wanted to have more control of Cavendish.
    Actually there were about 3 things in that issue that made me think Mmm. Is the glitter beginning to tarnish between CS and Sky.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman