Guerciotti

2»

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Yeah I know St Albans, thanks for the heads up Strafford.
  • Just a quick update on my own Guerciotti Khaybar now that I have clocked up a few km on it.

Firstly, the generic Chinese forks supplied with the frame are perhaps rather too stiff and I do get tingling fingers at times. They are also pretty heavy, I recall weighing about 600g.

I find the frame to be fine on climbs but I don't think that the frame itself is exceptionally stiff and if I sprint on it I can feel the rear end wandering around a little. However, from what I have read a bit of frame flex does not actually cost you any power, as the energy taken to flex it is released back into the drive train during the other parts of the pedal cycle, effectively smoothing out the impulses generated.

The Khaybar is a very nice frame and I find it to be very comfortable, and it is something different from all those Chinese 'Sportive' frames out there. However, I think that many more recent frames would probably be stiffer if that is what you want and I would certainly like to try some other modern carbon frames for comparison purposes. I do weight 85kg at the moment, so perhaps a lighter rider would find the frame to be plenty stiff enough, even for sprinting!

Here is a picture of my bike as it is currently built up.

Khaybar1.jpg
  • viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12756583

FleshTuxedo has got pictures up of his Guerciotti Team Replica with the Unico 1 paint job
  • Guerciotti ... oh sweet, I just love 'em, I have 2 a team rep and an Alero :D

20130516_170229-1.jpg

GuerciottiAlero1.jpg

Brilliant bikes to be honest 8)
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Cinelli Vigorelli Road 2018

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • Beatmaker wrote:
    Those are both lovely builds. My wife got me a book called Italian Racing Bicycles for Fathers Day and it has a section on Guerciotti. The book is well worth buying but I can try scanning the Guerciotti pages if you guys want to read it.

If that offer still stands I would be interested in seeing that section :wink:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Cinelli Vigorelli Road 2018

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018