finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
F**k off Peter Crouch.

That is all.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Can't believe I'm actually excited by Girlballl on the radio!! What a way to win the league...

Well Done Manchester City!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    44 years of hurt forgotten in an instant-what a day.And Alonso loses.Russ Downing 1st at Lincoln GP for 4th time.Life is sweet.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Didn't think I'd care much but I must admit I was hooked and what a way to do it!!
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Well done city, gripping stuff.

Of course it was a conspiricy, once the result from Stoke filtered through QPR gave way just to upset the manic Scotsman. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • postman
    postman Posts: 120
    Coming from Leeds i know nuthin about soccer.But what a turn up two goals in injury time.The same injury time a certain manager always balls about.Quite funny actually.
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    johnfinch wrote:
    F**k off Peter Crouch.

That is all.
    To be fair though - Bolton haven't been relegated only from today's performance. They have been poor all season!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • finchy
    ^^^^Yeah, but we should have had 3 points today. It's also been a very, very difficult season. For a club of our size to lose Holden and Lee the whole season to injury and then have Muamba's heart attack is a massive blow.
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    It's only a game - a $hite game at that.
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • finchy
    Oh, quelle surprise, somebody's come on to a football thread to tell us they don't like football. I've never seen that one before. How original.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Cheating is endemic in professional football.
    So why the surprise?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • ddraver
    Why is he a cheat Sorry? My occasional dipping in and out for the Champions League/Internationals has nt covered this...
    - @ddraver
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    So why the surprise?

Yup, I'm dismayed any football follower has failed to come to terms with this. Plus I never like Gartside or Allardyce so I won't be too bothered.
  • finchy
    ddraver wrote:
    Why is he a cheat Sorry? My occasional dipping in and out for the Champions League/Internationals has nt covered this...

Went down very, very, very easily for a penalty.
  • finchy
    So why the surprise?

Yup, I'm dismayed any football follower has failed to come to terms with this. Plus I never like Gartside or Allardyce so I won't be too bothered.

Who's surprised? I'm not. Disappointed, yes, but not surprised.

BTW Allardyce isn't our manager any more.
  • ddraver
    Hmm, that is sort of the done thing now though innit...
    - @ddraver
  • lucan
    lucan Posts: 339
    johnfinch wrote:
    Oh, quelle surprise, somebody's come on to a football thread to tell us they don't like football. I've never seen that one before. How original.

Dry your eyes, there's always next season. And then you can make more excuses for the pathetic losers you worship.
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Lucan wrote:
    Dry your eyes, there's always next season. And then you can make more excuses for the pathetic losers you worship.

Hero.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • finchy
    Lucan wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

P1ss off, my cousin works in the BWFC club shop and is probably going to lose her job now.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    I remember John mcginlays punch in the play off semi at molineux quite a few years ago. got away with it. goes around comes around.

Apart from that football sucks these days- "the national game"<sarcastic voice> who gives a sheet
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • finchy
    Yes, I didn't like that. However, John McGinlay is not a Bolton player anymore. I'm sure that at some point in the past a Wolves player cheated in an important match, but that does not make McGinlay's actions that night some sort of cosmic karma.
  • mattshrops
    aah but maybe it is -spooky eh?

seriously people spend so much to follow "their team" and quite frankly the players are laughing all the way to the bank. soon as a better deal comes in theyre offski.

Now cycling - i dont care who wins, well not strictly true but certainly not following team/nationality. I kind of like the lack of jingoism. And cojones of steel my friend- they have to ride bikes cos of the terrible clanking sound when theyre walking :lol:
  • finchy
    Agreed, the amount of money at the top level of football is ridiculous, but then the amount of money at the top level of just about any sport is ludicrous - how much do you need to cycle around France, ski down a mountain or inject a load of steroids and chase an egg round a pitch?

For me, though, following football is more than just that, it's also about times when I went watching Bolton with my Dad and cousins before my parents got divorced and I moved down south - I always felt like a bit of a fish out of water in Kent, so following Bolton was, along with the northern half of my family, a link to my past which I didn't want to lose.

Still, I guess some of our intellectual superiors wouldn't understand any of what we mere mortals feel. :roll:
  • mattshrops
    I used to feel that link to my home town and "my" team. i remember paying £4 to stand up and when you jumped in the air for a goal you landed 30 feet down the terracing. However that is gone and will have to just live in memory in what was in a strange way an age of innocence. The king is dead and err i guess i've got over it :lol:
  • finchy
    Non-league football is your friend.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Shame for Bolton but if they keep their manager they go up next season - and if they don't well they weren't going to win the Premiership ever anyway.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • finchy
    Maybe, but they are going to have to rebuild the side. Not strong enough in defence and Davies and Klasnic out of contract this summer.

TBH, purely from a fan's view I'm not too bothered about them getting relegated, the only effect on my life is that I'll be able to afford to go and see them play a couple of times next season. The football is often a bit more exciting in the lower leagues. I just don't like the way it happened today as I don't like diving and faking injury, whether it's other people doing it to my team or my team doing it to others.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Just seen it and I agree it's a dive. I know what you mean about the cheating - that and the cost of tickets are factors in me not going very often now - but mainly it's the fact my team like yours would have no realistic chance of winning the league.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    just seen it on match of the day - haha its hard to beat a team who has the ref on their side - never mind johnfinch maybe you could meet aggieboy next season when bolton play west ham, hehe.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    just seen it on match of the day - haha its hard to beat a team who has the ref on their side - never mind johnfinch maybe you could meet aggieboy next season when bolton play west ham, hehe.

That's not possible. Bolton got relegated today.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • finchy
    Just seen it and I agree it's a dive. I know what you mean about the cheating - that and the cost of tickets are factors in me not going very often now - but mainly it's the fact my team like yours would have no realistic chance of winning the league.

Who do you support?