Bonification

2»

Comments

• sunburntknees
    sunburntknees Posts: 272
    Harmon and Brian Smith would be my preferred pairing.

Smith is far more loquacious than Kelly and Backstedt never quite seems sure how to finish his sentences.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I think we need to try and get one of them to use the word "chipper", with the ToC on at the moment it would seem as good a time as any.
    Eneco might be a good shout. We need to organise a Twitter campaign on a certain day, where we all bombard him with "is this race a chipper or not?" questions.
  • mikeeye
    mikeeye Posts: 162
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Is it just me or is Harmon being particularly irritating during the Giro? If I hear one more time that Pozzato took out Goss I shall scream; I've already shouted at him as it is. (You stupid man!) It was an accident, these things happen as Sean would say (and he knows more about racing than DH has had hot dinners) but to keep going on and on infinitum about it is so annoying. He doesn't like criticism either does he - Sky bias, Cavendish etc. He was very short again when someone mentioned this today but then he shouldn't let people twitter at him during the race if he doesn't like what they say.
    +1. Not just during the Giro IMO though - always irritating. The overly dramatic "oh-oh-oh"s when someone overcooks a corner or comes close to crashing. Jeez.

I enjoyed Kelly's comment the other day when Harmon commented about a mechanic getting exercise delivering a spare bike to his rider. "He needs it". Classic.
    If you still don't know what recursion is, read this sentence.
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    LangerDan wrote:
    B3rnieMac wrote:
    Harmon seems to have recently discovered the word "kibosh" and loves whipping it out whenever he can.

Irish word - probably borrowed from Kelly

Funny, I'd always assumed it was Yiddish, but looks like you're right:

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=kibosh
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    So it is- I always thought it was Yiddish as well.

The Things I Learn Following Bicycle Racing.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Me and the GF think that you could use a recording of SK to help get to sleep owing to it's soothing montone drone.

+1 on the Tour of Eneco for Chipper though.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    Tusher wrote:
    So it is- I always thought it was Yiddish as well.

The Things I Learn Following Bicycle Racing.

+1

Thought it was putting the hammer down in a kibbutz.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    He said it again about Pozzato today!!!!
    Thanks mikeeye for your support.
    I do like Dan Lloyd though. Calm and informative. Good with the interviews as well. And actually in Italy!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman