Things from your yoof....

2»

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I've got one of these at my mums

grayskull.gif

(for those that don't know its "Castle Grayskull")

Along with about 20 different figures of the same vintage :D .

My nieces and nephews still play with it when they visit
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Before Christmas I cleared out some crap from Mum's loft which included some Airfix models I had made (not very well) as a kid.

Inspired by this I tracked down an SR-71 dual kit and bought it and the paints for myself for Christmas. Had great fun doing the models slowly and carefully for once, filling the gaps, rubbing down and painting them with a steady hand and the right paints (yes, there is more than just flat black. Not much more, but there is more). Must have taken a good 5 weeks. They now hang from invisible thread in 66 major and minor's bedrooms.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Wolfenstein 3D is now in browser form. Was it really 20 years ago.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    I'm still playing Pac-man! Mostly at work.........naughty boy!
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    An example of probably my most disappointing Christmas present ever - the Action Man Scorpion tank. Large but crap. No interior really at all - I don't think poor Action Man even had a seat in it. It was crap. Not in my loft but whether my folks still have it I don't know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Action-Man-Vintage-Scorpion-Tank-Palitoy-Boxed-Good-Condition-/300707143016?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item46038add68

This was better until it broke down and got sent back!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remote-controlled-car-BMW-3-5-CSL-radio-controlled-31years-old-Clasic-/251055657014?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a74155036
    Faster than a tent.......
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    rubertoe wrote:
    I've got one of these at my mums

(for those that don't know its "Castle Grayskull")

Along with about 20 different figures of the same vintage :D .

My nieces and nephews still play with it when they visit

Woah!! I had this! I remember playing with it for ages.... my hero turtles lived in it at one point. Freaking awesome, this has made my night... ahhh memories... :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-s0-vGTN8w
  • Flyingbogey
    Flyingbogey Posts: 352
    Cycling through Tooting's rather like the arcade 'Paperboy'. Other favourites were Shinobi and double dragon. Good old seaside arcades. Whitby.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    A disabled man in a crimpeline leisure suit. he went everywhere with me.

http://www.toysyouhad.com/bionicmanbox1.jpg
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    gbsahne wrote:
    Atari games console

2600?

i had one of them, centipede

awesome gamage!!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    prawny wrote:
    When I was a kid, I wanted to be this guy

Guile-hdstance.gif

Housemate and I forked out £80 each on arcade joysticks when SF4 was released.

Money well spent.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    rjsterry wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I just dug out Dire Straits Alchemy album.....how good was that live performance?! So, good, I just downloaded it from iTunes!

Anything that you have re-discovered?

A goddam masterpiece.

Anyone remember Battle of the Planets?

Oh yes. I seem to remember looking this up on Youtube and thinking I should have stuck with the memories.

It was rubbish! The disco scene at the end put me off nightclubs for life. And Zelda turned out to be a woman, who knew?!
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Cycling through Tooting's rather like the arcade 'Paperboy'.

:lol: Was that the one with the old granny with a stick that she'd put in your spokes if you weren't careful?!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    dhope wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    When I was a kid, I wanted to be this guy

Guile-hdstance.gif

Housemate and I forked out £80 each on arcade joysticks when SF4 was released.

Money well spent.

Any of the SF series are the only games that i have bought on release and at full price!

Street fighter (II) was at its best on the SNES though without a doubt!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Blondie, particularly Debbie Harry. Whilst listening to a truly awful cover of Hangin' on the Telephone on Radio 2 this morning I was reminded that to a man of my age she was the sexiest thing on the planet.
    Mmmmmm....
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Anyone remember/own Whirly Wheelers? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ji2IOKqWQ

I loved this game - it could well be the origin of my love of cycling!

Found one of the cyclists in a box of junk a few months ago which sent me off to ebay to try to buy a second hand copy but one went for £100!
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Blondie, particularly Debbie Harry. Whilst listening to a truly awful cover of Hangin' on the Telephone on Radio 2 this morning I was reminded that to a man of my age she was the sexiest thing on the planet.
    Mmmmmm....

She was proper hot:

debbieharry385.jpg?w=385
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Rolf F wrote:
    An example of probably my most disappointing Christmas present ever - the Action Man Scorpion tank. Large but crap. No interior really at all - I don't think poor Action Man even had a seat in it. It was crap. Not in my loft but whether my folks still have it I don't know.

I had one of these, did the clips holding the turret on snap off? I think between my brother and I we also had, a Jeep, Armoured car and helicopter, might also have had the boat.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    My Commodore 64 - still in the loft

Programming instructions for ALGOL and COBOL

I've still got that and a vic 20

And over easter I came across my old marvel comics with the FOOM event they ran for what seemed like ages. Housepoints if you know what FOOM meant.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    gbsahne wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

I had one of these, did the clips holding the turret on snap off? I think between my brother and I we also had, a Jeep, Armoured car and helicopter, might also have had the boat.

Ooooh! You must have been posh! I don't recall the clips breaking off but I do recall thinking "What the hell am I supposed to do with this thing now?!" I think I remember the helicopter as being a particularly hideously mishapen thing.

I did have a machine gun with a battery operated belt feed. Again it was a bit crap. The somewhat unstable liferaft was a bit better.

I was tempted to get one of the re-issues that came out a few years ago - I loved all the little accessories you got.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    A couple of yars ago for Christmas my Dad got me the Evel Knievel stunt bike that was re-released. I'd always wanted one when they were first out. My parents probably didn't get one for fear of damaging the skirting boards, they obviously don't care about mine.
    Now that I've got one and I'm a bit older I will say it's great, but really noisy.