Great Bib Shorts without Assos prices ?

2»

Comments

• fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Assos shorts aren't expensive...... in the long term.

My Gore Xenon shorts, for example, were equal to my Assos but for only about a year. After that the padding had noticably compressed. Unlike my 3 year old Assos which are as good as new.

The Assos free crash repair adds to their value.

Wait for the sales when Assos is usualy available at 20-25% off.
  • zippy483
    zippy483 Posts: 104
    Never been in the market for Assos kit (unfortunately) so can't compare but the dhb Aeron pro bibs i have are great at £75 also use a pair of Altura Ergofit Pro they are good to, only downside to the latter is they do take a bit of jiggleing to get comfortabl, theres a rather inconvenietly placed seem :)
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Raffles wrote:
    I looked at the b`twin series 7 bibs yesterday and they looked "ok", but I was not blown away at all

If you are going for looks, it might be a different story. But the pad and quality of the btwin 7 bibs at £40 is equal to Altura Ergofit and DHB Aeron pro at £70.
  • Raffles
    Raffles Posts: 1,137
    I had a pair of Nalini bib shorts in my hands tonight and first thing I did was check the quality of the pad. The bibs cost £69 and the pad was like a mattress and made the pad in the btwin 7`s feel flimsy by comparison. The Nalini`s certainly grabbed my interest and looked to be great quality.
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Raff - Do not confuse a thick pad as being superior to a thin one.

Pads are not comfy because they provide loads of padding (as that can be as bad as none) they are comfy because of the way they distribute the padding.

What works for one will not be best for another but thicker does not instantly mean better.

Apreading - that was what I was trying to say (badly) so thumbs up to you Sir.
    Yellow is the new Black.