Whould you?

2»

Comments

• chazkayak
    chazkayak Posts: 193
    Thats the thing at the moment, you can get some real bargain flights but usually with restricted baggage.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    chazkayak wrote:
    Thats the thing at the moment, you can get some real bargain flights but usually with restricted baggage.
    My mates aren't just taking the bikes, they've got luggage as well.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    £25 each way for a bike on Easyjet, but at least they don't have it count towards your overall weight- from what I remember Jet2 gave us an unhelpful bike limit of 20kg but also had the weight of the bike count towards hold luggage.

The weight limit really peeved me- yes I can bag up my bike sub-20kg but only by scrimping on protection. And the only reason protection is so important is that you can't trust the airlines or the slingers to look after your stuff. So they get you both ways.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Like skiing over the last few years. Sports equipment with many airlines now counts as part of your hold luggage. Still ski & boot bag count as 1 bag, but you only get 1 free bag. So everyone now crams in all their luggage into their ski bag. Or you're over on the scales and at the desk they say to take something out and just carry it on for free, as they did with my boots one time. Huh? So same weight on the plane, but in the hold it's £50 for an extra bag (£200 for overweight bag!) - or carry on... free. Nuts.

Sadly EasyJet don't fly to the States :(. Though I think I'd be slitting my wrists after a couple of hours on a 10+ hour transatlantic flight with them!