Total beginner - would appreciate advice on type of MTB

2»

Comments

• A[L]C
    A[L]C Posts: 30
    I got the decathlon rockrider 8.1. I'm no pro, but it's doing me well on the trails through swinley.

Little things like the remote lockout are very useful.

Do you have the cyclescheme at work? That's what I got mine through so works out in the region of £350 spread over the year.
  • JKD
    JKD Posts: 33
    Well just got the bike home folks and over the moon with it. Once again, thanks for all the pointers on here.

Click through to the link in the pictures thread :D

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12857203
  • mdre83
    mdre83 Posts: 29
    Looks nice, looking for a first time MTB myself. Budget of £500. Apologies if I've missed it, but how did you pay for the Cube LTD?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    The rockrider.
  • JKD
    JKD Posts: 33
    mdre83 wrote:
    Looks nice, looking for a first time MTB myself. Budget of £500. Apologies if I've missed it, but how did you pay for the Cube LTD?

Forgot to say sorry. Bike cost me £300 and another £95 or so for bars, stem, saddle, pedals, chain & grips.
  • mdre83
    mdre83 Posts: 29
    JKD wrote:
    mdre83 wrote:

Forgot to say sorry. Bike cost me £300 and another £95 or so for bars, stem, saddle, pedals, chain & grips.

:shock: can I ask where from mate?

The Rockriders spec is unbeatable for £500 but my initial thoughts for the frame are saying "cheap" :?
    Love the look of the Cube frame, have you got the full spec?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Good, no one will want to nick it.