Old school Music Players

2»

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    A friend's teenage daughter has seen plenty of vinyl records, due to her dad being quite into his dance music. But what made us both feel really old was when we were clearing out his attic, and she asked us what "this thing is".
    She was holding a cassette tape, and had never seen one before in her life.
    Sigh.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    i was thinking it would have been an 8 track cassette.

Bought a Mini with one of them in years ago.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Nope, just a regular cassette. I've known this girl since she was a little kiddy, and it was shocking to hear her point out that she's never seen a cassette.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Old Cyrus kit sounds amazing, the calrity is breathtaking. Here is some of mine:

cyrushifi.jpg

Cyrus 2 with PSX. Also a Marantz CD4000 CD player.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    it was shocking to hear her point out that she's never seen a cassette.
    Haven't lived unless you've had a double tape deck ghetto blaster. Only real use though was for copying 100s of computer games from your friends onto a C-60 cassette. Old school version of The Pirate Bay.

I'm thankful that tapes died for music though. Awful. Though they were in Dubly.

Just a shame crap bitrate MP3s have taken over.
  • Mylie Cyrus sounds excellent regardless of the radio.
    <hr noshade size="1"><font color="purple"><center><i><b><font size="2"><font face="Times New Roman"> "Boggis and Bunce and Bean. One fat, one short, one lean. These horrible crooks. So different in looks. Were none the less equally mean."</font id="Times New Roman"></b></font id="size2"></i></center></font id="purple">
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Nope, just a regular cassette. I've known this girl since she was a little kiddy, and it was shocking to hear her point out that she's never seen a cassette.

tumblr_lskqwqLUpW1qce31ho1_500.jpg
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Although you're all acting like tapes are ancient history (like they should be) my mates Audi A3 on a 07 plate came with a tape deck. Why bother?!
    <hr noshade size="1"><font color="purple"><center><i><b><font size="2"><font face="Times New Roman"> "Boggis and Bunce and Bean. One fat, one short, one lean. These horrible crooks. So different in looks. Were none the less equally mean."</font id="Times New Roman"></b></font id="size2"></i></center></font id="purple">
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Although you're all acting like tapes are ancient history (like they should be) my mates Audi A3 on a 07 plate came with a tape deck. Why bother?!
    You're right, I'd forgotten about that :lol:

A mate of mine bought an Audi fairly recently too, which came with a tape deck. When he complained, they said he hadn't specced a CD player.
    His answer was that in this f***ing millenium, he shouldn't fu**ing have to :lol:

Mylie Cyrus sounds excellent regardless of the radio.
    Maybe, but the best song ever, which will always sound awesome, regardless of the playback medium, is Billy Ray Piper's "Because we want to".
  • Yeah, its actually more expensive to buy tape decks than CD players these days. Its just most consumers will pay the extra for a CD player at sale so its extra cash for the car company. I guess its just some companies spec fleet cars with them.
  • paul20v
    paul20v Posts: 267
    Heres mine a fair bit of jvc old school 1983 to be exact
    except the stanton deck obviously
    the jvc cd is 1995 ish and the sony 400 cd changer at the bottom around 02 :D

Photo0169.jpg
    Photo0165.jpg
    DSC00135.jpg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,412
    nicklouse wrote:
    remember when CDs came out and we all put jam and scratched the top surface and they still played!

OK that might have been on TV but :D
    Of course I remember, it was only a couple of years ago.
    Amazing how many cd's in the car get scratched. There are still some old songs that if they are played on the radio I expect them to skip at a certain point, because that's what my vinyl did.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,066
    Trio Kenwood amp
    Trio Kenwood tuner
    Teac CD/DVD player
    JPW speakers.

Massivly loud and totaly unsuitable for the house as the accoustics are wrong but you have to love the bass.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • I used to rock out to this in the eighties.
    fisherprice-tape.jpg