Head of heart? SS content.

2»

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Does it come with a chiropractor subscription? :shock:

Had a look at the World Series in Condor, don't get me wrong its a very nice bike, well built, solid and one of them even had crazy 'coat hanger wire' wheels but it wasn't special. Has convinced me that building my own is the only way.

Very nice shop though, dangerous to know its in walking distance! And Malletti pizza, wow, gorgonzola calzone, that is special! :D
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    http://bespokecycling.com/

this place is even nearer to your office... dont go in there with your credit card.
  • iPete
    I take it all back. As I'm on PT today went to check out the frame I wanted and it was meh after being in Condor. Got on a Bojo bike and went back :oops:
    Had a proper chat about what I wanted and the word custom came up. Slipping down the slope...
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    iPete wrote:
    I take it all back. As I'm on PT today went to check out the frame I wanted and it was meh after being in Condor. Got on a Bojo bike and went back :oops:
    Had a proper chat about what I wanted and the word custom came up. Slipping down the slope...
    :twisted:
    Dooo eeettttt
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • iPete
    dhope wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    :twisted:
    Dooo eeettttt

Pista tubing was loveeerly just don't want a 3rd white bike, so custom it might be :twisted:

Duh, so some bikes in store like the Deda are priced at £950 all in yet you can't get the price anywhere near that on the bike builder :?
  • iPete
    Budget. window. gone.

What y'all think, Pista frame:
    http://www.condorcycles.com/Single-Spee ... e.tpl.html

With custom fit and paint job along these lines with pink bar tape on bullhorns or drops.

403766096_b316e4a7e2.jpg

p.s. are bull horns track legal so to speak? Fully plan on flip flopping the hub and doing track time.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    iPete wrote:
    Budget. window. gone.

What y'all think, Pista frame:
    http://www.condorcycles.com/Single-Spee ... e.tpl.html

With custom fit and paint job along these lines with pink bar tape on bullhorns or drops.

403766096_b316e4a7e2.jpg

p.s. are bull horns track legal so to speak? Fully plan on flip flopping the hub and doing track time.

Looks nice. If I was paying to go custom though, I think I'd come up with my own colour scheme rather than Condor's black / white / pink (although it is nice). Re bars, changing bars on a track bike shouldn't be a big job. One allen key and five minutes work? (and that's being generous!) Bit more complicated when you introduce brake levers though, but then you'd need those to be easily removable for it to be track legal anyway.

EDIT: Is it the fit that's custom, rather than the paintjob? If so, as you were...
  • iPete
    From what I can tell from my brief chat it is custom fit and paint job, might ask for additional braze ons to boot, all at a fixed price.

I'm wary of just copying, I'll load something into photoshop and play with schemes later but do want something subtle yet cheeky.

Good point about the bar swapping, coffee hasn't kicked in yet!
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    iPete wrote:
    From what I can tell from my brief chat it is custom fit and paint job, might ask for additional braze ons to boot, all at a fixed price.

I'm wary of just copying, I'll load something into photoshop and play with schemes later but do want something subtle yet cheeky.

Good point about the bar swapping, coffee hasn't kicked in yet!

That's some steep geometry, hope you have a short commute.....
  • iPete
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Not to be awkward for the sake of it, but had you considered the Condor Tempo instead of Pista?
    Geometry is a little more relaxed I think, more like the Fratello
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • iPete
    dhope wrote:
    Not to be awkward for the sake of it, but had you considered the Condor Tempo instead of Pista?

Not ruled anything out, waiting till next pay day and I'll go in for a fit and talk customisation etc.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    iPete wrote:
    dhope wrote:

Not ruled anything out, waiting till next pay day and I'll go in for a fit and talk customisation etc.

I think if you can afford it then the Condor Pista is just about the prettiest off-the-peg, steel, single-speed you can get. The Tempo is a more sensible offering (if you can get your head around road bike dropouts), but something tells me you're not looking for sensible.
  • iPete
    Not particularly but it has to be comfy so will certainly consider both! The tempo is certainly nicer looking OTP in blue and I've very happy with road dropouts just fancy trying something different with bullhorns.

Started (badly) doodling paint ideas in photoshop. I've no colour schemes that are personal to me except maybe blue and do like my Surface [blue/black] and Rapha clothing.

7189992356_5cb1f399bc_z.jpg
    CondorCustom_v1 by PeterJDH, on Flickr

Large:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pete-eos/7 ... otostream/