Giro Time Trial SPOILERS

13»

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Didi Dom Pozzotivo beats Jack Bobridge. LOL.
    Maybe he fancys a track career, after the Giro? :lol:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Anyone watching this with any interest?

Sort of but I was knitting at the same time! Just so it doesn't look like I'm sitting around all afternoon.

+1

Wonder if Bruyneel's battered Schleck with a tool box yet. He must have had his head in his hands watching Frank saunter round.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Tusher wrote:
    Wonder if Bruyneel's battered Schleck with a tool box yet. He must have had his head in his hands watching Frank saunter round.

I thought he did OK considering he hadn't planned on being there. He was ahead of Cunego, Scarponi and Rujano.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    iainf72 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    are there any time bonus's for the road stages?
    Yes
    Not for the mountain stages, though.
    iainf72 wrote:
    Phinney mega impressive
    I heard he was determined to win today, to prove himself to Italians, since he now lives in Tuscany and has more or less 'gone native'.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    End of day observations:

:arrow: Scarponi sucked. Maybe he has no form, maybe it's nothing. But for his PTP backers (like me) it's not encouraging.

:arrow: My PTP pick won today, but I'd rather he'd come one position lower. Good to see Cardiff's finest getting results though

:arrow: It was incredibly impressive for a 21 year old though. And I like Phinney. At the 2008 Olympics I found myself seated by his fan club. Very nice people and a couple of incredibly hot girls. And breeding cyclists along the same lines as racehorses appears to work.

:arrow: Mystery of the day - what the hell happened to Bobridge?

:arrow: With five riders in the top 20, Garmin look nailed on for the TTT

:arrow: It wasn't an interesting race. I was more focussed on watching hockey (GB 3 Aussies 3)

:arrow: Denmark looked dull. I've seen the country twice today. The other time was The Bridge on BBC4, which, despite a murdered policeman, seemed more inviting.

:arrow: I'm going to use this arrow smilie again.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    RichN95 wrote:

:arrow: Denmark looked dull. I've seen the country twice today. The other time was The Bridge on BBC4, which, despite a murdered policeman, seemed more inviting.

:arrow:
    There seems to be a distinct lack of Big Race Fever here in Copenhagen, but then we're on the other side of the country and we regard Herning as the epitomy of the Jutland local yokel pig farming provincial towns. We tend to think that people from Herning get excited by things like electricity and carriages that don't require horses to pull them. We're quite surprised that Herning managed to pull in the Giro and privately probably assume that they're somehow being used, the poor halfwits, in some nefarious machination for unknown purposes by the Giro organisers. If they really wanted to come and see a bit of Denmark they'd have come to Copenhagen, wouldn't they? We're also not convinced that any of the Danish stages will be particularly quick or feature good racing as it stand to reason that if your stage starts in Herning then it's exceptionally demotivating to know that for all your efforts to get away that's where you're going to end up again. Likewise for Horsens-Horsens on day 3....
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12851829&start=20#p17596807
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    200-PIC276540773.jpg?t=1336324555
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Shoes
    shoes.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest