dry or wet chain lube

13»

Comments

• ednino
    ednino Posts: 684
    Majski wrote:
    From my experience it makes no difference whatsoever. In fact I pretty much only use GT85 for everything and 'occasionaly' lube my chain with whatever (wet or dry) i can find in the garage. It still gets clogged up with crap if its wet regardless and you still have to clean it / re-lube it when you're finished

I'd agree with this
  • buffoon
    buffoon Posts: 49
    I was googling for the best bike lube to buy and just came across this post. Having read all 4 pages, not only am I none the wiser re bike lube, but i have genuinely lost the will to live. I will just carry on applying fresh monkey spunk to my chain, as before.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    8 more months of the putoline being by far the best I've used, for whatever it's worth. And i've still not set myself on fire. Performance in proper filth is just ridiculous
    Uncompromising extremist
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Watching the RiskLondon Surrey Classic last night on TV (recorded) and they showed a support car pulling over towards a rider so they could apply a load of spray (GT85 or similar I presume) on the guy's chain/cassette - its was dry as the wet weather had washed off all the lube. Goes to show that even "professional" lubes don't last long in wet conditions.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • lbalony
    lbalony Posts: 301
    Dry for me. Either White Lightning Wax or Muc off c3 ceramic dry.

I used to use wet lube in the wet but because of their properties they pick up a lot of dirt on rides. The drive chain takes hell of a cleaning. Ive found since swapping to drys all year that ive gone through less drive chain components.
  • tootsie323
    tootsie323 Posts: 199
    buffoon wrote:
    I was googling for the best bike lube to buy and just came across this post. Having read all 4 pages, not only am I none the wiser re bike lube, but i have genuinely lost the will to live. I will just carry on applying fresh monkey spunk to my chain, as before.
    Get it bottled, from the shelf, believe me. The great drawback with using it fresh is with extracting it from the monkey in the first place.
  • For the sake of not starting another noob thread..... Is it better to use wet lube in the dry or dry lube in the wet?

Guarantee that which ever I use, the exact opposite will occur.

I'm using the muc-off wet and dry lubes.

Thanks.
    '14 Whyte T129s-*DEAD*
    OnOne Codeine 29er