Pavement warriors

1235»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Hmmm interesting if long thread this however would not happen in sarf London as a swift fuck off and give me your wallets you mamil pussy (from the kids of course) would have ended the matter.

Cleary I'm not implying this at the OP situ, get a grip people this is why we call them ROAD bikes.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Yes, long thread.....hmm. Anyway, simple answer. The guys on the bikes are adults, therefore thry ought to know better. Or at least know the difference between what they want do and what's possible, not always the same thing. Making kids step into the road is wrong. You are pretty much telling the kids "Get out of my way, I'm passing" without any thought to how many kids get knocked down by cars. They do not have the capacity to make judgements, hence the parental guidance. Adults MAKE choices.
    Parents: do you tell your kids: Do what adults tell you, no matter what?
    Right: "Fellas, you should be on the road"
    Wrong: "Kids, stand in the traffic flow so these people (who are obviously more important than you) can get by."
    Sorry, chaps, this seems an easy one. And I don't even have any kids.
    Ecrasez l’infame