Recommend me a chain device, must be BB mount only

2»

Comments

• DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Yeah, but if your guaranteed a bit of suck during a ride, maybe that's not such a bad thing :wink:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Hmm, how odd.
    Maybe it's proof that OnOne just suck :lol:
    Yep, it is odd. I hadn't heard that about On One before tbh, and I can't understand how a frame could cause chainsuck in any case.

Ah, just spotted the punnage, good work!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • DodgeT
    Going off the various manufacturers frames I've had / looked at, there doesn't seem much clearance between the rings / stays on the on one, don't know whether this is coincidence to suck.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    DodgeT wrote:
    Going off the various manufacturers frames I've had / looked at, there doesn't seem much clearance between the rings / stays on the on one, don't know whether this is coincidence to suck.
    The chain shouldn't be up by the stays anyway.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    DodgeT wrote:
    The chain shouldn't be up by the stays anyway.
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at, I can see how the c456's chainstays could make chainsuck worse if it happened, but not how it would make it happen in the first place.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    It sounds more to me like the frame is poorly manufactured with regards to the chainline, if it's a model wide problem.
  • DodgeT
    Agreed, but assuming the chain picks up on a frame with more clearance, there's a chance it could realign itself before it jams / without it jamming.
    Whereas with little clearance, it may just jam straight away?
    Plausible? (Been watching too much mythbusters)

You guys posted while I was faffing on phone...
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Even so clearance or no clearance it shouldn't suck the chain up to begin with. Chain devices dont stop chain suck so you may be stuck with the same problem after conversion, you just won't outright drop the chain.

/conjecture
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    DodgeT wrote:
    Yeah, but if your guaranteed a bit of suck during a ride, maybe that's not such a bad thing :wink:
    it is if you ride with a group of men :mrgreen::mrgreen: :shock: :shock:
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    delcol wrote:
    DodgeT wrote:
    it is if you ride with a group of men :mrgreen::mrgreen: :shock: :shock:
    Rather close minded view.
    Just close your eyes and imagine it's a sheep. Or something.
  • mangoletse
    mangoletse Posts: 9
    In my case I have recently done a Morewood Shova build, and I used a Stinger in conjunction with an SLX double chainset (with bashring) and what felt best for me was using a Saint BB (73mm shell but has the E Type flange for a chain device) - less than 25 quid delivered from Rose, and I think it's totally sorted.... was a bit tricky before that though...