Redknapp you a**e!

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    I'd have Micah Richards over Walker, and I'd have Jones over Lampard in that position.

I wouln't have Walcott starting. Possibly Lenon.

I'd also be tempted to put Rio in instead of Cahill since he works well with Terry, but neither have pace.

Wellbeck? I guess so. He works well with Rooney and Young. Defoe? More of a Bencher, with Crouch.

Compare the English midfield to the Dutch, German, or Spanish mid-field and tell me it's better.

I'd have to sit in front of football manager for a bit before I decide on my #11.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    and i'd find a place for lescott too.

and maybe try barry and downing in midfield with lennon an dgerrard
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I wouldn't say that Gerrard is poor (you don't get to be the driving force in a CL winning team by being poor), for me it's more that the type of football which he generally plays for Liverpool - all-action, charging about the pitch, box to box, is not right for international football and leaves him lacking fitness by the end of the season.

The problem is that he then squeezes out anyone who might be a decent no. 10 (not that we have too many of those in England) and that's always going to leave England lacking that bit of creativity in the final third. Added to that the seeming inability of the forwards to keep hold of the ball and the defence is always going to come under pressure.

In a way, it's always a relief to see England get knocked out, it let's me enjoy the rest of the tournament for the football.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Richards is right back so he couldn't replace Cole.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I'd have to sit in front of football manager for a bit before I decide on my #11.

Hart

Richards, Ferdinand, Cahill, A Cole

Walcott, Jones, Parker, Young

Rooney, Welbeck

Just missing out are Terry, Lampard, Defoe and Lennon.

Missing out are Baines (1), Gerrard (2), Downing (3), Crouch (4), Cleverley (5), Johnson (6).

1) As good as he is, he's far down the pecking order in England's defensive resources, IMO.
    2) It's all about Stevie G and there's no room for that when wearing the England shirt and you're far from the most talented player.
    3) Inconsistent deilvery. So much promise, but can he be trusted to deliver when England needs it most?
    4) Technically gifted, but I fear his inclusion promotes long ball tactics.
    5) An exciting prospect, but has played nowhere near enough first team football this season.
    6) As above.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Ben6899 wrote:
    2) It's all about Stevie G and there's no room for that when wearing the England shirt and you're far from the most talented player.

Now your defo talking sh1te.

Gerrard talentless? Your defo a Manc or a bluenose.
  • rick_chasey
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

The stats are a little different now, (the article was written April 10) but: When Gerrard has not started this season, Liverpool have won 48% of games played; when he has started, that drops to 9%.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... -liverpool
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Hart

Richards, Ferdinand, Terry, A Cole

Oxlade-Chamberlain, Carrick, Cleverley, Young

Rooney, Welbeck

On the bench/just missing out:

1) Smalling; young but may be needed for defensive speed
    2) Jones; good cover for both midfield and defense
    3) Defoe will be needed when Rooney absent
    4) Lennon, great speed down wing.
    5) Gerard; does a lot of running around manically - may need that in last 5 minutes should we be winning.

Leave at home:

1) Lampard - only looks good when he's allowed to forget defensive duties - i.e Essien is standing behind him. Has never looked good in an England shirt, and if he can't sort it out over last decade, ain't gonna start now.
    2) Barry - when your top speed is slower than Germany's jogging pace it becomes embarassing. Should have retired after world cup.
    3) Crouch. Looked at as great for last 5 minutes. Only true when we had Beckham who could give great crosses. The current crop of wingers rely on speed so don't give him that super-sub chance.
  • Ben6899
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

And you're defo putting words in my mouth and getting defensive. Definitely a scouser. ;)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Walker over Richards every day. As much as I think Terry is a div I'd include him for nothing more than his bulldog spirit. Cole is a shoe in. Walcott I wouldn't even put on the bus unless it was to help touch up the lines before the game. It'd be a toss between a fit Lennon and Ox. Lampard I'd leave on the bench as insurance and I'd include a fit Dawson in any squad. Whether he started or not is debatable. Again Rooney is a div and at times a liability, but he has to go. Crouch - forget it.

Hodgson has nothing to lose. Whoever is in charge we won't win the Euros as we're simply not good enough at this time. We won't win the WC being staged in South America either. Hodgson is more tactically aware than Redknapp although at least Redknapp wouldn't have to worry whether he's rotating the squad enough as England coach; something he doesn't seem to have grasped at Spurs. I think Hodgson will do alright. Whether Redknapp staying at Spurs is good or not will depend on the results of the next three games.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    If only the FA had known what experts you all are before making their shortlist :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Ben6899
    Aggieboy wrote:
    If only the FA had known what experts you all are before making their shortlist :lol:

I think this every time, Aggie, and wish I'd taken my coaching badges. :D
    Ben

• rick_chasey
    Aggieboy wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dir ... sow-325075
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy wrote:

Is he still available? Couldn't do any worse than 'the wally with the brolly'.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Aggieboy wrote:

:D
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Aggieboy
    'arry's just been interviewed on the radio. He was asked if he was upset about missing the Euros. He replied "Euros, what f*ckin' Euros?!? They told you, I ain't guilty!!"
  • Aggieboy
    A dog called 'Rosie' has just lost 500 grand she placed on 'arry becoming the next England manager.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    beverick wrote:
    .. when he sets the team up with a 9-0-1 formation.

Bob

there will be some surprises 9-0-1 = 10, i thought the idea was to start with 11 players. !
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Sod Harry, sod Woy, that t*sspot Geoff Shreeves has just phoned me to say I haven't got enough points for a Champions League Final ticket! :evil:
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    'Arry's sworn defence when charged with financial irregularities was that he was completely stupid and unable to blow his own nose without help, and that he couldn't even read or write!

That was the best defence he could muster - though possibly all true.

He was cleared of all charges I suppose but he hardly covered himself in glory in terms of future employment.

Spurs are now screwed, they've served their time as a shop window for some decent players who are already itching to leave. 'Arry isn't looking quite so much like King Midas any more. No champions league next year and back to the second tier of the prem with so many others just like before.

Shame, may have been quite close to being different but the moment has well and truly passed. Geordies are next on the list for getting ideas way above their station, but there's nothing new there now I come to think of it.

I'm a Leeds fan if anyone cares.
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    Redknapp has no hard feelings towards Hodgson apparently :shock:

I hope Daniel Levy has got deep pockets because Redknapp will bankrupt him. It doesn't normally come out until after Harry has left a job, but anyone who can put Rigobert Song on a £40k a week long term contract or whatever it was lacks the business acumen that HMRC can testify to.

I'd also love to know who HR would've played up front seeing as he destroyed Bent's confidence and has been working on Defoe for 10 years - so much for the players loving him.

"....I've always loved Messi, and I'm a big fan, but I can't talk about players of another nation. But yeah, he's a triffic lad and I've always said I'd love him at England..."
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    So, the outcome of this thread is try and play proper football and get humped..can't face watching that, or try stealing wins by the odd goal and play like Greece...I don't fancy watching that either!

As for Redknapp, yes there is bit of a whiff about his 'dealings' but more importantly he's only won an FA cup in 36yrs of managment and he had to bankrupt the club to do that. His chance for the England job has gone and thank fark for that.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    beverick wrote:
    .. when he sets the team up with a 9-0-1 formation.

Bob

there will be some surprises 9-0-1 = 10, i thought the idea was to start with 11 players. !

Ooops 4-4-2 =10
    4-5-1 =10
    4-3-3 =10
    :oops:

I guess harry is probably a bit too risky (on a personal level) for the blazer brigade. Not the first time thats happened.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    I don't know why anyone thought Redknapp was some kind of saviour for England. Hodgson has a better win %, greater success and most importantly much greater experience in international football. Capello has shown that club and international football are different beasts.
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    nathancom wrote:
    I don't know why anyone thought Redknapp was some kind of saviour for England. Hodgson has a better win %, greater success and most importantly much greater experience in international football. Capello has shown that club and international football are different beasts.

On the other hand, Redknapp has brought the best out of each team he's managed and, with the notable exception of his departure from West Ham he's never been sacked.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I rate Roy Hodgson and think he will probably do a good job.

The popular press will be on his back from day one (no honeymoon period purely because he's not darling 'arry).

Perhaps the FA didn't like the idea of having to pay Spurs about £8,000,000 in compo may also have had an influence.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    jim453 wrote:
    Spurs are now screwed, they've served their time as a shop window for some decent players who are already itching to leave. 'Arry isn't looking quite so much like King Midas any more. No champions league next year and back to the second tier of the prem with so many others just like before.

Shame, may have been quite close to being different but the moment has well and truly passed. Geordies are next on the list for getting ideas way above their station, but there's nothing new there now I come to think of it.

I'm a Leeds fan if anyone cares.

What utter drivel. The red top press make up any story they think may have a modicum of potential for being true and sadly more often than not get it wrong. Spur's loss of form, despite the smoke screens from WHL, is purely down to the doubt over the future. Modric and Bale are going nowhere. Both have a long time left on their contracts and both have been culpable for the dire performances put in since the speculation over 'Arry and England. Daniel Levy the Tottenham chairman is an astute businessman who has secured fonancial backing for the redevelopment of WHL into a 65,000 seat stadium and got the local authority to cough up for the greatly needed improvements to the local infrastructure. With a new training academy already underway the future at WHL is bright and financially secure. They don't need the money from the sale of big name players. Spur's owner has regularly offered to put more money in but Levy refuses ensuring that should qualification for European competition happen, Spurs won't be penalised by the financial fairness rules unlike Chelsea and Man City.

As for Leeds; people in glass houses and all that.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Geting back to the discussion on which players should go to Polkraine, surely Daniel Sturridge is in with a shout.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,385
    Scholes anyone?
    Wilier Izoard XP