REmoved

sven_jto
sven_jto Posts: 183
$$$

Comments

• What advice do your fellow riders give you? How old are you? Describe the endurance miles training you did through winter and how many years training/ride/expierience do you have will help towards answering your questions. And have l spelt experience properly?
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • sven_jto
    What advice do your fellow riders give you? How old are you? Describe the endurance miles training you did through winter and how many years training/ride/expierience do you have will help towards answering your questions. And have l spelt experience properly?
    Well I'm 20 been riding since 15 year old... This winter I had 3000 base miles, couldn't train before new years though... :roll: I haven't asked anyone else about this... and experience :P
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    What's going on here is that you are getting "tired". Its quite normal towards the end of long rides. To stop this happening, I would recommend getting fitter, perhaps a few nice 2x20 sessions or some kind of wriststrap with holograms in it.
  • Barbarossa
    Barbarossa Posts: 248
    40 - 50 miles, around 2 hrs? Glycogen depletion? Eat some flapjack 30 mins before it happens!
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    If only I could keep up with cat1 riders who are pushing hard for 50 miles. I'd be fairly happy about it.
  • sven_jto
    vorsprung wrote:
    If only I could keep up with cat1 riders who are pushing hard for 50 miles. I'd be fairly happy about it.
    Well I ain't :D
    Barbarossa wrote:
    40 - 50 miles, around 2 hrs? Glycogen depletion? Eat some flapjack 30 mins before it happens!
    I eat and drink so much during rides that I even sometimes get made fun of...
    P_Tucker wrote:
    What's going on here is that you are getting "tired". Its quite normal towards the end of long rides. To stop this happening, I would recommend getting fitter, perhaps a few nice 2x20 sessions or some kind of wriststrap with holograms in it.
    I will try some of those 2X20 sessions... Ur kidding about the wriststraps :D
  • alwaystoohot
    alwaystoohot Posts: 252
    It sounds like you've hit an energy wall rather than a performance wall, your legs show in teh first 50 miles they're up to it, so you need to keep them fuelled. I guess you take gels every 30-30 mins?
    'I started with nothing and still have most of it left.'
  • sven_jto
    edited February 2014
    xddd
  • P_Tucker
    FFS. There's a limit to how quickly you can get energy from food into your body - if there wasn't you'd be able to ride at your FTP (or nearasdammit) for hours at a time. The problem is that you're not fit enough, so you are burning carbs more quickly than your cat1 bumchums and crucially more quickly than you can replace them. Get fitter, and you'll use less carbohydrate at your required power output and you'll be able to keep going for longer. Finally, get some wristbands - Geraint Thomas recommends them and in no way has he sacrificed his integrity and dignity for a couple of quid: http://www.bioflowsport.com/team/wp-con ... Thomas.pdf
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Ooh Tuckers back :D:D

Have you been to the far corrners of the globe to expand you already immense knowledge? 8)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Team4Luke
    Team4Luke Posts: 597
    just some observations, maybe you have reached your own level, you might not ever be Cat 1 standard based on your born with genetics, 3000 base miles all well and good but compare the intensity of those rides with the intensity of Cat 1 riders cruising speed and you have a huge gap. You don't state, but balance in your training with higher efforts of around 2/3 hours and short threshold session as mentioned above 2x 20 etc.
    Team4Luke supports Cardiac Risk in the Young
  • sven_jto
    edited February 2014
    xxx
  • P_Tucker
    Long FTP (threshold) intervals. For the type of riding you describe, that's the be all and end all.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    P_Tucker wrote:
    The problem is that you're not fit enough, so you are burning carbs more quickly than your cat1 bumchums and crucially more quickly than you can replace them.

:mrgreen::mrgreen: :roll:
  • P_Tucker
    Its true, look at these graphs I found on the internet!

Screen-shot-2011-07-03-at-10.24.36-AM.png
    (using HR as a proxy for relative intensity)

chart-facebook1.jpg?w=500&h=314
    (er, this is the first graph that came up when I typed "bum chums graph" into google. NB do NOT type "bumchums graph" into google image search)