Different Breed

2»

Comments

• FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    lol-045.gif
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I want to see a fight between Robo-Dwarf and Godzilla.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • wardieboy
    wardieboy Posts: 230
    As a fan of hamster MMA, I can do nothing but recommend putting different breeds together. I have found it also helps to place a single cracker in the cage so both have something to fight over immediately (hamsters are a bit thick and it takes a while for the to work out that they are a differing breed).

If you can antagonise them enough it is not unheard of for the winning hamster to eat it's beaten rival - this really is a sight to behold.

If you really want to see a good punch up make sure you have two females of the same breed.
  • Kingy911
    Kingy911 Posts: 134
    Well after a quiet weekend ;-) the wife has started speaking to me again, but I will soon put a stop to that, off to buy a new pair of bib shorts
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    "Wife pounds" - probably mankind's greatest invention. :D
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Yes using wife pounds also works in a "does my bum look big in this" type conversation as well as monetary issues ;-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Fatamorgana
    Fatamorgana Posts: 257
    Isn't there also an underlying thread here?

It is my experience that road riders care to be colour matched and mtn bikers simply don't care and anything goes as long as you're out on the bike?

I'm V surprised Gizmo's Mrs allows flats with orange reflectors on a 1/2 decent mtn bike in her home? That'd be the issue for me if it were my house!
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    Isn't there also an underlying thread here?

It is my experience that road riders care to be colour matched and mtn bikers simply don't care and anything goes as long as you're out on the bike?

I'm V surprised Gizmo's Mrs allows flats with orange reflectors on a 1/2 decent mtn bike in her home? That'd be the issue for me if it were my house!

You speak the truth, you are wise beyond your years.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    :lol: They're not flats, they're one-sided SPDs... I forget the model.

It's a hybrid, anyway. 60mm front sus and 38mm commuter tyres on 622-17 rims...
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • Kingy911
    Kingy911 wrote:
    Well after a quiet weekend ;-) the wife has started speaking to me again, but I will soon put a stop to that, off to buy a new pair of bib shorts

Yep, thats me in the doghouse again, I told her they only cost £30 sweetheart, but she doubled it and added a tenner, she was closer to be honest, oh well soon be christmas :wink:
  • Flexisurfer
    Flexisurfer Posts: 249
    I've recently just come out the otherside of a wanting versus needing situation with my missus, it went tsoemthing like this.

Me - I wish i never sold my turbo I could really do with it especially with all this rain.

Her - How much are they?

Me - They range from £100 to £400 for a really decent one, but I don't need one that expensive.

Her - Damn right you aint getting one for £100!!!!

Me - Sulk then ask why she hasn't been out running

Her - It's to wet over the park and what with the rain it's slippery.

Me - You need to get some decent trail shoes.

You can see by know where this is going.

She gets a nice new pair of Adidas trail shoes and I get to but an Elite turbo trainer.

Her first run, she pulls her calf muscle, oh the irony :roll:
  • Simmotino
    Simmotino Posts: 295

Karma can be a b**ch :D
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    My wife has just spent over £500 on jewellery (over 3 or 4 separate trips to Gems TV) so I reckon that now gives me the green light to spend similar on the bike. I mentioned that concept and she said OK.

40 mins later a knock at the door - my new carbon forks had arrived (which I had ordered only yesterday). So only £350 left to go.

Happy Days.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    smidsy wrote:
    My wife has just spent over £500 on jewellery (over 3 or 4 separate trips to Gems TV) so I reckon that now gives me the green light to spend similar on the bike. I mentioned that concept and she said OK.

40 mins later a knock at the door - my new carbon forks had arrived (which I had ordered only yesterday). So only £350 left to go.

Happy Days.
    :lol:

Nice timing.
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • Rigged
    Rigged Posts: 214
    I've recently just come out the otherside of a wanting versus needing situation with my missus, it went tsoemthing like this.

Me - I wish i never sold my turbo I could really do with it especially with all this rain.

Her - How much are they?

Me - They range from £100 to £400 for a really decent one, but I don't need one that expensive.

She gets a nice new pair of Adidas trail shoes and I get to but an Elite turbo trainer.

You should have got a treadmill. Then she can use it in the rain and when she's not on it you can hop on there with your bike...two birds, one stone :D
  • Flexisurfer
    Flexisurfer Posts: 249
    Rigged wrote:

Her - How much are they?

You should have got a treadmill. Then she can use it in the rain and when she's not on it you can hop on there with your bike...two birds, one stone :D

That's one of my current bugbears, we have a treadmill and an exercise bike which are sitting idley in my conservatory waiting to be old enough to qualify as an antique. I used to use the treadmill but prefer running outdoors, each time I need to get a new toy or spare part something of mine has to give and those 2 items are in my crosshairs.
  • Rigged
    Rigged Posts: 214
    Rigged wrote:

Her - How much are they?

That's one of my current bugbears, we have a treadmill and an exercise bike which are sitting idley in my conservatory waiting to be old enough to qualify as an antique. I used to use the treadmill but prefer running outdoors, each time I need to get a new toy or spare part something of mine has to give and those 2 items are in my crosshairs.

We've got a cross trainer in our house that sees about 30 minutes use every 12 months so I know how you feel!
  • Ringo 68
    Ringo 68 Posts: 441
    I am in the middle of adding up the cost of my new Cube Agree.

Bike £1550
    New Limestone Fire/surround £2000
    Oak Flooring for front room £800
    New 3 Piece Suite (tbh, we did need a new one) £3000
    Decorating/fitting of all the above £1000

Cost of new bike = £8350 :shock: :?

Worth every penny :mrgreen:
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    My other half said my bike looked much better after I changed the bar tape for no reason other than I wanted a different colour. She even agreed when I said it'll go faster now.
  • Kingy911
    Ringo 68 wrote:

Bike £1550

Brilliant :D:D
  • centimani
    centimani Posts: 467
    Ringo 68 wrote:

Bike £1550

Only a true enthusiast would say that...anyone else would baulk at the idea.
  • joshr96
    joshr96 Posts: 153
    Sounds the opposite of Kik, Lance Armstrong's wife (may or may not still be married to her, haven't finished "its not about the bike").
    Carrera TDF 2011 Limited Edition.
    Crossbow Hybrid
    Boardman AiR 9.8 one day..
  • Kingy911
    Just when I thought it had all died down and gone away, I came in from my ride yesterday to be told by the Mrs that she is off to Spain in September with the girls because if I can afford a new bike she can afford a break !!!!
    Let battle commence :D
  • Ringo 68
    Ringo 68 Posts: 441
    Kingy911 wrote:
    Just when I thought it had all died down and gone away, I came in from my ride yesterday to be told by the Mrs that she is off to Spain in September with the girls because if I can afford a new bike she can afford a break !!!!
    Let battle commence :D

My wife did something similar a few years ago. I had to put on my best Oscar winning performance and look upset, which is exactly what she wanted.
    Then, as soon as she wasn't about I punched the air in delight and started planning my week of freedom :twisted:
    When she got back from her week away I didn't need an De Nero performance, I really was upset :lol:
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid