Different Breed

Kingy911
Kingy911 Posts: 134
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Wife went mental last night when she saw I had bought some new water bottles to match my new bike, saying it is a ridiculous waste of money and WHO on earth buys bottles to match the colour scheme on their bike :lol:
I reminded her that when she is buying a new dress in a couple of weeks for a forthcoming wedding she won't need a matching bag and shoes because WHO buys accessories to match their clothes :oops:
I am sure she will be speaking to me again by Monday

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Sounds like a good weekend is in store, get plenty of miles in
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Remember - always tell them that the stuff was at least half the real price, never go with full disclosure!!!!

I still have no idea what hit me when I mentioned that I payed £10 for a water bottle.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • rpd_steve
    rpd_steve Posts: 361
    I have been taking smidsys run, until a frine asked what my bike cost to build and I reply 'about £800', then she turns round and says I reccon its the best part of £1800 TBH! Shes within a few pence...
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    "B*tch can't be thinkin' that her money you takin' cut of - b*tch gotta understand that yo money!"

Pimps & wives, playing the same mental games.
  • BigLee1
    BigLee1 Posts: 449
    I`m pleased I haven`t got one anymore, a wife not a bike :D I`ve 3 bikes :lol:
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I must be doing something wrong: I've got 6 bikes and been married 23 years. Mind you, she's got two dogs...
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    This whole thing about "tell her it cost half what it really did"...... do you honestly think that will fool a woman?

They've all been doing that to us men for years about every single dress / bag / shoes they're ever bought, so they know exactly what you're doing....
  • rpd_steve
    rpd_steve Posts: 361
    ^^^^^^^
    THIS
  • hodge68
    hodge68 Posts: 162
    Can't believe mine got upset when a brought a new bike to match my shorts :roll: .Have to say ive not been honest with mine about the cost of things and its not that she is a women, but not into cycling, she dont get it when i go out on my bike :shock: .Then again i dont get it when she wants the bl##dy football on :x .
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,183
    Blwderkik wrote:
    Not sure what breed you are talking about. But no, just don't ever put different breed together. Whether they are female or male or both the same.
    They will just fight and kill each other.
    Dwarf hamsters are more social... But only if you put the same breed of dwarf together.
    I recommend robo dwarf and chinese dwarf.. russian dwarf might fight sometime.
    I am not sure of the other dwarfs.

If they are Syrian/Teddy Bear/Bear/Honey hamsters, they should never be in contact with each other, because they WILL fight and kill each other. Especially Syrian is very territorial.
    Ya male and female would get along well. BUT you will need to get the male hamster neutered. If not, they will just keep mating. And you will get a lot baby hamsters -_-

Remember not to put both hamster of different type together (for example robo and chinese dwarf). Because they are still different breed.
    And different breed will definitely fight.

WTF??? Has someone mistakenly made their first post on Bike Radar thinking they were on Hamster Radar??
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Singleton wrote:
    This whole thing about "tell her it cost half what it really did"...... do you honestly think that will fool a woman?

They've all been doing that to us men for years about every single dress / bag / shoes they're ever bought, so they know exactly what you're doing....

Well even if that is true (and I have no reason to doubt it) that means that if you actually say the genuine "got these new wheels, only £600" she will instantly think they are £1000, so still best to under price I feel :)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    You want a proper wife who on being informed "btw, I just got meself some Di2 Ultegra as they were on offer and I saved a shed-load of cash" just nods and mentally notes that she's now justified in spending a similar sum on her flights of fancy.

Suits me. :D
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    My wife, just bought herself a new Trek and a load of stuff to go with it, so when I want stuff it ain't a problem, in fact she often buys it for me. So the answer is to get the enemy to cycle with you.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • Rigged
    Rigged Posts: 214
    Pross wrote:
    Blwderkik wrote:
    Not sure what breed you are talking about. But no, just don't ever put different breed together. Whether they are female or male or both the same.
    They will just fight and kill each other.
    Dwarf hamsters are more social... But only if you put the same breed of dwarf together.
    I recommend robo dwarf and chinese dwarf.. russian dwarf might fight sometime.
    I am not sure of the other dwarfs.

If they are Syrian/Teddy Bear/Bear/Honey hamsters, they should never be in contact with each other, because they WILL fight and kill each other. Especially Syrian is very territorial.
    Ya male and female would get along well. BUT you will need to get the male hamster neutered. If not, they will just keep mating. And you will get a lot baby hamsters -_-

Remember not to put both hamster of different type together (for example robo and chinese dwarf). Because they are still different breed.
    And different breed will definitely fight.

WTF??? Has someone mistakenly made their first post on Bike Radar thinking they were on Hamster Radar??

Haha I was just thinking what a fantastic first post that was!
  • I spent 6 months looking at wheels between £600 and £1000 (making sure she saw what I was up to) When I said the Ksyrium Elites were 'expensive' she guessed at £650 and was pleasantly surprised at the actual price - play the long game thats what I say....

Currently looking at a Pinarello Dogma 60.1.......
  • Wacky Racer
    Wacky Racer Posts: 638
    Last night I started to tell my wife that I was thinking of buying some new wheels for my bike, but typical of a woman she only listened to the first few words and assumed I wanted to buy a new bike. I immediately corrected her, saying I already have a very good bike, to which she repled "if you want a new bike, you work hard, why not get one".

I'm now wondering what to do, is it a test? :?
    Ridley Orion
  • Rigged
    Rigged Posts: 214
    Last night I started to tell my wife that I was thinking of buying some new wheels for my bike, but typical of a woman she only listened to the first few words and assumed I wanted to buy a new bike. I immediately corrected her, saying I already have a very good bike, to which she repled "if you want a new bike, you work hard, why not get one".

Probably but who cares! It's a good lesson for women to learn to say what they mean and you get a nice shiny new bike out of the deal. Win win!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Kingy911 wrote:
    Wife went mental last night when she saw I had bought some new water bottles to match my new bike, saying it is a ridiculous waste of money and WHO on earth buys bottles to match the colour scheme on their bike :lol:
    I reminded her that when she is buying a new dress in a couple of weeks for a forthcoming wedding she won't need a matching bag and shoes because WHO buys accessories to match their clothes :oops:
    Women! know your limits ...... lol
  • Kingy911

its nearly two hours since you posted this, what bike did you order then ? :lol: before she changes her mind, as you know she will
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    My wife went mental when I ordered my TCR Advanced SL frameset at £2,500...I mean £1,500 :wink:

oh...I mean she probably will when she finds out!
  • centimani
    centimani Posts: 467
    Its not just wives that react badly sometimes...
    I recently treated myself to a new Ribble carbon sportive with veloce, fitted immediately with my own quite new Fulcrums...probably £1300 together.
    TBF, £1300 isnt earth shattering in bike terms, it buys you a nice, middle of the road quality bike, certainly not top end.
    I was talking about it at work...one guy asked how much it was...£1300 i replied...
    :shock: :shock: 'HOW FKIN MUCH' :x he blurted out...'YOU MUST BE F;KIN MAAAAD' :x

He was genuinely almost incensed.

Rather than offend him and tell him i didnt give a fcuk what he thought, i immediately replied,
    'i can afford it, i'll live like a rich man, not die like one'...delivered with a certain distain.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    centimani wrote:
    I recently treated myself to a new Ribble carbon sportive with veloce, fitted immediately with my own quite new Fulcrums...probably £1300 together.
    TBF, £1300 isnt earth shattering in bike terms, it buys you a nice, middle of the road quality bike, certainly not top end.
    I was talking about it at work...one guy asked how much it was...£1300 i replied...
    :shock: :shock: 'HOW FKIN MUCH' :x he blurted out...'YOU MUST BE F;KIN MAAAAD' :x

Rather than offend him and tell him i didnt give a fcuk what he thought, i immediately replied,
    'i can afford it, i'll live like a rich man, not die like one'...delivered with a certain distain.

When I told my next door neighbour that my carrera was nearly £300 he had a fit and "if my lad wanted something like that I'd kick his arse etc etc". I politely pointed out that his 1976 MGB midget was an "extravagance" he saw my point.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    Kingy911 wrote:

Women can be quite devious and you may find your bottles have been 'spiked'. So, I would strongly advise you sleep with them, the bottles I mean, keeping them on the 'off side' of you. But beware of that wondering arm disguised as an affectionate embrace. It may be lethal for your bottles. :wink:

P.S. they also have long memories and resent being reminded of their needs...such as a matching handbag. :twisted:
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • Kingy911
    cyco2 wrote:
    Kingy911 wrote:

Women can be quite devious and you may find your bottles have been 'spiked'. So, I would strongly advise you sleep with them, the bottles I mean, keeping them on the 'off side' of you. But beware of that wondering arm disguised as an affectionate embrace. It may be lethal for your bottles. :wink:

P.S. they also have long memories and resent being reminded of their needs...such as a matching handbag. :twisted:

I do take the bottles off when we go to bed as they sometimes leak, but she does keep complaining that the wheels poke her in the back :wink:
  • I want to know more about these Hamsters.

Do Ferrets have the same issues, I wonder?
  • You blokes have it all wrong...

They've been doing it to us for years...

Just wheel it into the garage quietly, and push the old bike out of sight. When she eventually notices go with:

'This old thing...I've had it for ages'
  • Ringo 68
    Ringo 68 Posts: 441
    Having just bought a new Cube Agree today I really can't complain too much about my missus. Her line was "get one if you really want to" which really meant "don't you even think about it"

My reasoning was that it would be worth a couple of days of stoney silence, which tbh can be quite nice :P to get the bike of my dreams.

To be fair though, her only moan when I wheeled the bike into the front room :roll: was "couldn't you have got a red one?"

One of my tactics has always been to count the cash that she spends when we go on holiday, usually Orlando, and remind her how much she has spent. She gets guilty and I get to treat myself :mrgreen:
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Mouth wrote:
    centimani wrote:

When I told my next door neighbour that my carrera was nearly £300 he had a fit and "if my lad wanted something like that I'd kick his ars* etc etc". I politely pointed out that his 1976 MGB midget was an "extravagance" he saw my point.
    I had the same conversation years ago with Bob at work when he discovered that I rode a bike that cost £550 (in 1990). When he'd finished his rant and rebooted his brain I pointed out that for the same money he could buy a ropey old Allegro and then keep chucking money at it to keep it going. Or he could spend a few hundred quid on a decent bike and enjoy it. Wasted, tbh.
  • Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    Ah, womenfolk.

Mine told me that she didn't mind me wheeling the bike through the house as it was just a bit of water/mud and it'd hoover up. Then I brought it home looking like this. :lol:

536545_10150780601944859_603849858_11414072_1197328785_n.jpg
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    edited April 2012

Did she actually say "go ahead, if you want a new bike........." etc.

If so then see rule 4:-

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: (ok so its 2 words) If she is getting dressed, this means half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the match before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'nothing' usually end in 'fine'.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to no. 3 for the meaning of 'nothing'.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome'..... that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F@!K YOU!

(9) Don't worry about it, I'll get it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to no. 3.