The best/most exciting attack ever.

124»

Comments

• Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Iljo Keisse's break/attack/crash/win was very exciting at the Tour of Turkey this weekend
  • Moomaloid wrote:
    [Remember that Fignon had tried the Scott aero bars but Guimard had told him he didn't need them. Ahh memories of screaming at the tv as Fignon had taken the turn at the top of the Champs-Élysées and was weaving badly has he gave everything towards the line... Ligget shouting.. "He's bouncing off the barriers... he's lost the Tour De France!" Ahhhh gooesebumps... :)

I've still got the Cycling Weekly that came out before that year's TdF, which has all the preview stuff and in the back there as a small new kit section at the back which has a pairof Profile Aero bars on test! I know that Fignon didn't use them as Guimard said they would affect breathing, but I still think it's quite funny.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Agree with all the love for Jan.
    Anytime Ullrich attacked sent the house-bricks (doubling as mobile phones at the time) me and my mates had into a frenzy. But the '97 Arcalis stage win - properly dropping Pantani & Virenque - was sublime. There's a point about halfway up the climb, as Ullrich continues to put time into them, when one of the team cars come up (think it's Marco's) to say basically "you guys - WTF?!?" and Pantani seems to say "we're doing our best here!".

Talking of Pantani, 2 years later in the Giro: Alpe de Pampeago. He responds to Heras's attack but putting everyone to the sword.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/results/ ... age19.html

Shame about the whole drugs thing, though.