thermobol ect.....??

ozzy1000_0
ozzy1000_0 Posts: 144
Hi all, last year I was keen to shed some pounds (13+ stone) and started being careful with diet/booze/training ect...my weight fell quite wel (now 11.5 stone)... anyway on my quest I tried thermobol, I didn't really like it used as directed (3 times daily) as it messed up my sleep, gave me headaches and made me feel wierd and sometimes anxious... also I found it exhausting being that wierd all the time and training.. plus it has a rank after taste..

however.... just popping to odd one (combined with banging tunes on my i-pod) for long training rides on my own.. is a different matter.. It makes me feel focused and capable of good efforts...

what do people think of these type of supplements? It does make heart rate data from rides irrelevant as its just higher due to the caffine and ephhedrine type thingys... i also try to factor into my recovery the extra stress it miust put on me... also has anyone tried ECA proper? I know there's awhole moralistic debate about doping... but i don't compete and am just curious about it as tool for revving up my long solo rides (bearing in mind I'm a fulltime working dad who's bloody knackered most of the time).. is it just too dangerous used with enduarnce excercise?? should i stick to goo dold caffine??

cheers

Comments

• B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    I have used EC multiple times in the past. Don't race so have no doping worries. On shorter rides I feel I don't get out of breath as easily, but have noticed by HR will be about 10-20 bpm higher than normal. Highest recorded heart rate was 205 with ECA, but 193 without it. Keep yourself hydrated and exceed the recommended dose and you'll be fine :wink:
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Don't know how to reply to this :?

You aren't competing so it doesn't really matter but on the other hand it's a very strong stimulant and *may* cause problems. That's a decision for you.

I haven't tried ECA, nor would I as a result of all the documented health implications and, when I start racing again, that doping element. That's my choice though.

I stick to caffiene and am back following a nutrition plan, I have lost 7kg in a couple of months.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    There is really no substitute for a good diet and a bit of hard graft. There is a good reason lots of supplements state "Taken in conjunction with exercise and diet blah blah blah"

Anxiety and restlessness are clear symptoms of Caffeine which Thermobol is full of. Cayenne Pepper is meant to cause heat at it metabolises causing your body to burn few calories more in order to reglulate it's temperature. You may also find taking daily doses of 3-4 that you sweat profusely! Hmm water loss looking like weight loss.

IMO: don't try to put a sticky plaster on a huge gash. If you're considering(or have taken) Thermobol and such,then chances are the problem is something lacking elsewhere,throwing money at it won't help.
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    B3rnieMac wrote:
    I have used EC multiple times in the past. Don't race so have no doping worries. On shorter rides I feel I don't get out of breath as easily, but have noticed by HR will be about 10-20 bpm higher than normal. Highest recorded heart rate was 205 with ECA, but 193 without it. Keep yourself hydrated and exceed the recommended dose and you'll be fine :wink:

ok I had to look up EC/ECA. Has it occurred to you why this is banned in sport? :roll:
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    Tom Dean wrote:
    B3rnieMac wrote:

ok I had to look up EC/ECA. Has it occurred to you why this is banned in sport? :roll:
    I'm tempted to call this post irresponsible given the advice contained in it.
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    Tom Dean wrote:
    B3rnieMac wrote:

DONT exceed the recommended dose! Should have read that back. Forgive me I am tramadol'd to the eyes due to a clavicle fracture.

I've tried many brands of ECA and some are stronger than others. If youre going to go down this route, look at the recommended dose, take half of that your first time to see how you react. If you are fine, then you can try the recommended dose. Don't ever take more than recommended as it could be very very bad indeed.
  • ozzy1000_0
    ozzy1000_0 Posts: 144
    thanks for all the replies. theres no need for dramtic responses, I was just floating it for discussion.

I'm not looking for a sticking plaster for any gashes as I don't think theres any gashes that need plastering....... I'm currently just under 73kg which is a good wieght for my 5' 9" (ish maybe, slightly taller, never really measured myself)... I was 86+kg just over a year ago, partially directly due to hypothroydism which is now treated well but mainly due to the indirect consequnces of hypo'ness in that you really can't excercise due to feeling so horribly ill and knackered.. ..I could lean up a tiny bit more but that'd just come with more miles...

like i said; I bought thermobol naivly for wieghtloss, didn't really like it using it for wieght loss as it just seems brutal and offensive to my body used chronically like that, however; for a little more bang when trying to squeeze miles in around family life it seems to have its uses.... I was asking about ECA as its what all these products like thermobol are trying to mimic apart from its cheaper....
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    If you thought caffeine and pepper was brutal. You aren't in a position to be considering Ephedrine Caffeine Aspirin.

You know you can lose weight and how to do it,why even consider products you dont seem to know much about?
  • Wouldn't bother with the ECA unless you enjoy feeling like shit afterwards!
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    FFS, you're 73kg and 5'9, its not like you are pushing the boundaries of athleticism here. Why not try laying off the pies?
  • Girya
    Girya Posts: 23
    Try Jack3d or Nutrex's Hemo Rage, I prefer the latter.

Taken all manner of thermogenics and pre training supplements, but wouldn't touch a ECA stack, different league to playing with over counter stuff, I like the hit of a little methylhexanamine pre workout/training session, but it's personal choice do your research, some of the products out there contain amounts of methylhexanamine that I wouldn't want to try.
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Girya wrote:
    Try Jack3d or Nutrex's Homo Rage, I prefer the latter.

I quite like the sound of the latter too.
  • shockedsoshocked
    shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
    P_Tucker wrote:
    Girya wrote:

Laughed too much at this.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • winton
    winton Posts: 165
    P_Tucker wrote:
    Girya wrote:

Post of the year, right there.