Spare tube or self adhesive patches???

2»

Comments

• rpd_steve
    rpd_steve Posts: 361
    photo.JPG

I have this small topeak wedge - it fits a tube, park self adheasive patches, 2 Co2 and adaptor, multitool, £20 and a bit of room to spair. It mounts on a quick releace bracket on the seat rails and is very ridgid - no flopping here.

Dosn't look too bad does it? 8) Although I do know what you mean about the massive floppy ones. :mrgreen:

I also occationally use my bike to commute and hence dont have massive jersey pockets so the bag is good for that too.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    That looks like the same bag as mine, it does the job without being too big although the bike does look better without it :roll:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I carry both - spare tube (x2 if it's an 'epic') plus some sticky patches. Sticky patches are also good if you get a cut in the tyre. I generally don't use a seat pack after the velcro strap on one wore an expensive hole in the leg of my shorts.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • maveco
    maveco Posts: 67
    RPD Steve wrote:
    photo.JPG

I have this small topeak wedge - it fits a tube, park self adheasive patches, 2 Co2 and adaptor, multitool, £20 and a bit of room to spair. It mounts on a quick releace bracket on the seat rails and is very ridgid - no flopping here.

Dosn't look too bad does it? 8) Although I do know what you mean about the massive floppy ones. :mrgreen:

I also occationally use my bike to commute and hence dont have massive jersey pockets so the bag is good for that too.

That is a lovely bike, would look so much nicer without the saddlebag. those are near on 400 quid Ksyrium elites clinchers you have there. Campagnolo too. Very nice. You obviously care about creating a nice bike visually.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    maveco wrote:
    RPD Steve wrote:

That is a lovely bike, would look so much nicer without the saddlebag. those are near on 400 quid Ksyrium elites clinchers you have there. Campagnolo too. Very nice. You obviously care about creating a nice bike visually.

Nah! I think the saddle sac makes it. :)
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    on some mini pumps you can unscrew the end and fit all of your patches etc in
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rpd_steve
    rpd_steve Posts: 361
    Cheers... I am very aware that the wheels and groupo are worth twice what the origonal bike was! They are indeed elites and a carbon chorus group. The idea is when I get the cash to upgrade the frame I will just get a frame set and transfer everything elso over as I still have the 2300 group and CXP22 wheels it came with. In my dreams Im saving pennies for a Crevelo S3...

Anyway I dont think the small bag detracts from it too much... As You mentioned I am a bit OCD and as an engineer on the autistic scale of wanting things to be perfect! :oops: :lol:
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    RPD Steve wrote:
    Cheers... I am very aware that the wheels and groupo are worth twice what the origonal bike was! They are indeed elites and a carbon chorus group. The idea is when I get the cash to upgrade the frame I will just get a frame set and transfer everything elso over as I still have the 2300 group and CXP22 wheels it came with. In my dreams Im saving pennies for a Crevelo S3...

Anyway I dont think the small bag detracts from it too much... As You mentioned I am a bit OCD and as an engineer on the autistic scale of wanting things to be perfect! :oops: :lol:

Not only do you have the same saddle bag as me, but also the same wheels and tyres (my pro 3's are blue).

Excellent taste sir :lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Folks

Pleased I have started such an entertaining, vain, back slapping thread here... Thx for the advice and in case you are all wondering (NOT) I have bought myself a spare tube, some self adhesive patches and a CO2 tyre inflator...

Oh and maveco... Thx for introducing me to 'Keepers of the Cog' and 'The Rules'. Not only entertaining but I feel enlightened on how I should portray myself and my wheels when on the road :lol:

Thx all :)

Edited to add... Ironically this ride (BHF Dorset ride) has now been cancelled due to adverse weather conditions... :(

Well at least I'll be prepared for the next one... Thx again folks