Is your bike insured for damage you may cause?

13»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    notsoblue wrote:
    It would be interesting to hear from anyone more legally minded if my having insurance would have made a difference here.
    With British Cycling (or CTC I believe) the 3rd party insurance would have covered any payments and legal advice would have helped make sure you did it right.
    Well worth the £25 or so per annum for a bit of peace of mind. That's why I have the BC membership, discounts and offers are an advantage that can offset some or all of the cost.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    JonGinge wrote:
    BC membership. So, yeah

Same.. I like the idea that if I cause an accident for whatever reason I'm insured

Plus I've got free solicitors chasing the little turd who destroyed my wheel the other day by rear ending me. My opinion on nodders is reduced especially ones who try and cycle off without giving me details... Just wish I had my d-lock at the time
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    BC membership. So, yeah

Same.. I like the idea that if I cause an accident for whatever reason I'm insured

Plus I've got free solicitors chasing the little turd who destroyed my wheel the other day by rear ending me. My opinion on nodders is reduced especially ones who try and cycle off without giving me details... Just wish I had my d-lock at the time

You can imagine why he would as fast as he could though :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    BC membership. So, yeah

You can imagine why he would as fast as he could though :D

I was really polite and calm.. probably shock kicking in. I picked myself up and saw my wheel was totalled and asked that we swap details to sort it out, he said no numerous times and tried to cycle off, luckily his chain was off so he looked like a right <unt and minced away. I picked up the bike and legged it after him and kept asking for details while then taking photos...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    BC for third party and contents extension for accidental damage/theft. Only claimed once when I was 'hit and run' - paid for new frame, parts and clothing.