yay!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Sounds like my brother who failed by crashing into a lorry
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I got 2 the first time for the motorbike, and 4 for the car. Was slightly annoyed both times tbh...
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Still busy doing lessons here.

Do you guys think these day it's possible to live without a car and just a motorbike in a convenient way, or is a car necessary for convenient living?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740

Do you guys think these day it's possible to live without a car and just a motorbike in a convenient way, or is a car necessary for convenient living?
    I've got a small number of friends who get by just fine without a car. Depends on where you live, and what you want to do.
  • bennett_346

I've got a small number of friends who get by just fine without a car. Depends on where you live, and what you want to do.
    Yeah. In this city it shouldn't be a huge problem day to day, i'm just trying to think of any of those small annoyances i might of missed in my head like carrying lots of gear around on the odd occasion/job related stuff.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740

Yeah. In this city it shouldn't be a huge problem day to day, i'm just trying to think of any of those small annoyances i might of missed in my head like carrying lots of gear around on the odd occasion/job related stuff.
    I know of a guy who isntalls kitchens, and travels to work by bike. He has the gear delivered to the adress he's installing it at, and just turns up with his tools. Job done!
    Of course, it really does depend on your own needs.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675

Only reason I have a car is to carry bikes in... I had just the motorbike for 10 years, but for the last couple of years most of my commuting's been by bike anyway. I could live with neither. But it depends where you live, what you do. A lot of people choose to live far from their work then complain that they need a car, when it's really their choice, tbh.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bennett_346
    All sensible points really. It's came up in conversation before so i just thought i'd use the time to gather some other views!