yay!!!!!

sloppycowpat
sloppycowpat Posts: 349
edited May 2012 in The hub
I just passed my driving test first time with 6 minors :mrgreen:

how many attempts and minors did you guys get I am curious
worst moment ever...
buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I just passed my driving test first time with 6 minors :mrgreen:

how many attempts and minors did you guys get I am curious

Why on earth would you have that many children in your car?
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what is a minor?

I just passed.

you either passed or fkuc-up.

I would say you really did the latter but in todays world they did not want to say so.

:wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • hehe i thought i failed halfway round tbh
    worst moment ever...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Excellent, another semi competent hazard on the road.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Passed first time in Feb 89.

20 min practical test, that's all it was.

My daughter just failed as she got a major. I'm encouraging her to rebook ASAP and put the first test down to experience.

Anyhoo - congrats - drive carefully!
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    I passed 2nd time,

1st time I failed on reversing round a corner, I was too busy looking at what the instrustor was writing* and went straight past the turn.

*Failed!
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I missed a turn off a roundabout, weent round again and still passed.

A minor in this instance in a minor fault - you can get a few of them but no majors.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Congratulations!

Got my car and bike licence aged 18, within the same week, car on a Tuesday and [unlimited capacity] bike on the Thursday
    A few years later, aged 23 I got my articulated HGV licence and admittedly I've not driven anything truck wise for many years.
    I believe the sooner one gets their licence the better..
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    People around 30+ learning to drive look funny. Just get a licence even if you have no intention of getting a car as soon after 17 as you can afford it all.
  • yeh i suppose so insurance defiantly goes down if you passed when 17 and then don't drive for a few years, but i spent all of my money on beer and bikes for last few years :roll:

im 21 and just graduated and i couldn't afford to do it before when i was a student and i want a motorbike but need the driving licence for jobs etc, so will not be getting a car unless someone gives me one or have a company car, might get a 125cc but i want a 600cc so will end up doing DAS I reckon
    worst moment ever...
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Passed first time in February 1989, which suprised even me because I drove half the route without a seat belt on.
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    nicklouse wrote:
    I would say you really did the latter but in todays world they did not want to say so.
    You're probably right - there's a ton of people on the roads who really should have no right to be.
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    nicklouse wrote:
    You're probably right - there's a ton of people on the roads who really should have no right to be.

That's the problem these days, they don't have the right to be there, but they're there none the less :?
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I might just be overly cynical, but it seems to me that there's a lot of institutions in modern Britain that aren't allowed to say "sorry, you're just not good enough" anymore.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    My parents had a Minor but I was too young to drive it at the time
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Obviously everyone was much better at driving and all other tasks in the good old days.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    EH_Rob wrote:
    Obviously everyone was much better at driving and all other tasks in the good old days.
    Oh, is ickle Robbie wobbie angwy upset because someone may be told they're not good at something?
    Aaaaaw. Go see your mummy I'm sure she'll say everything's just fine.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    nevermind the drivers its what they do to their car(s). pity we dont have the australian legislation law on modified cars.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Failed my first attempt with 18 minors, 2 majors and 1 dangerous fault. I done well to get back to the test centre in the drivers seat as the examiner nearly took over.
    Passed my second attempt with a clean sheet.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • NDriver
    NDriver Posts: 7
    Congrats :thumbsup:

I passed 1st time and only hit 3 minors, 1 old person and 1 road biker (so its forgiven :lol: )

On a more serious note. 1st time with 7 minors after 7 lessons and 3 week after turning 17 :D Was well happy with myself at the time.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Passed first time in 1991, 4 lessons and much 'unofficial' driving.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    You know you've failed when the examiner makes a whippering noise on a round-about :oops:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • :shock: :lol:
    worst moment ever...
  • YeehaaMcgee
    You know you've failed when the examiner makes a whippering noise on a round-about :oops:
    Or when you wake up in intensive care, with police waiting to speak to you about a murder charge.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Passed first time with 15 minors...so I'm dangerous, but in a safe way....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • James0911
    James0911 Posts: 43
    passed first time with two minors, one was for taking my left hand off the wheels to scratch my bollocks!
  • mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    I failed my theory first time round cos I thought I knew it all. Didn't do the hazard perception in them days and I can't drive a 7.5tonne on my licence which is annoying. My mum can and in reality she can't drive anything bigger than a fiat 500, the old one.

Congratulations :)
    Papa? Nicole
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I might just be overly cynical, but it seems to me that there's a lot of institutions in modern Britain that aren't allowed to say "sorry, you're just not good enough" anymore.
    Thing is, I doubt the DSA is one of them.

It's the courts who fail to ban proper awful drivers because "I need my car to drive to the shops" that worry me. Anyone can behave themselves for half an hour with the examiner watching, it's being a d1ck for the next 60 years and getting away with it that's the problem.

OP: Congrats on the test pass, Roadcraft might be worth a read at some point, to improve your planing and anticipation.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    My 18 YO daughter passed yesterday at attempt #2.

She probably won't have / drive a car until after Uni (if at all she says), but I convinced her to take her test and get it out of the way.

I'm chuffed for her.
  • dhobiwallah
    dhobiwallah Posts: 272
    Had a mate fail his test many years ago by going through a post office window during a 3-point turn!
    He failed a later test by overtaking an ambulance with its blues and twos on.

At his 7th attempt I think they just felt sorry for him and let him through......