Festivals

2»

Comments

• the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Betty Stogs is my favourite Cornish ale.

Undoubtedly one of the best. Certainly my most consumed.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • turnstyle
    turnstyle Posts: 63
    Going to EXIT in Serbia for a 3rd time running. Line up is average this year round, but a great area to backpack. Then Way Out West in Gothenburg again with all our Swedish mates. The downside to a lot of the festivals is they're all around the same time you should be training for etape du tours and Marmottes etc. I'm back for 24hrs after EXIT before doing the London to Paris :-/
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Betty Stogs is my favourite Cornish ale.

Doom Bar is, like, so mainstream these days.

They used to have Betty quite often in the White Swan in Twickenham before it got taken over and tarted up. Great beer, great pub in a great location. Mmmmmm, such a shame it's really gone downhill now.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I was reading about the WS on beerinthevening the other day - apparantly it was bought by some loaded locals who have just turned it into a hang-out for a load of nobby toffs. Shame. I went after a Twikkers game a while back and didnt like the vibe at all.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    I was reading about the WS on beerinthevening the other day - apparantly it was bought by some loaded locals who have just turned it into a hang-out for a load of nobby toffs. Shame. I went after a Twikkers game a while back and didnt like the vibe at all.
    Exactly. Real shame as it was a great little pub. Best pub around there now is the Sussex Arms, location isn't as good (esp if cycling) but it has 18 hand pumps, and they are all guest beers and ciders.
    I thought the Daily Mash Twatfest would be for me, turns out I'm the wrong kind of twat. :(
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Wife and kids will be going to Solfest. I'm not going, because it clashes with the Multiplay i46 LAN party that I'm going to. =)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)