Festivals

clarkey cat
clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Anyone going to any this year?

Missed out last year due to baby but off to Blissfields and maybe Camp Bestival this year.

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Might do a day at Leeds as in-laws nearbu to dump... I mean leave kids with! Also considering the ATP at Alexandra Palace next month.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i fancy benicassim this year especially with the Stone Roses headlining

bit far to go though......
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • clarkey cat
    Yea I always wanted to go to Sonar but looks pretty unlikely now seeing as I can barely stay awake after 10pm... just like a bit of folk now, some organic food, maybe get a sighting of Hugh-Fearnley Whittingstall... and somewhere you can park the Range Rover by your Yurt.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    [...] just like a bit of folk now, some organic food, maybe get a sighting of Hugh-Fearnley Whittingstall... and somewhere you can park the Range Rover by your Yurt.

Larmer Tree?
  • clarkey cat
    Ah, looks totes amazings. Went to a festie at that site some time ago. It was called Bloom or something.
  • mudcow007
    edited April 2012
    DrLex wrote:
    [...] just like a bit of folk now, some organic food, maybe get a sighting of Hugh-Fearnley Whittingstall... and somewhere you can park the Range Rover by your Yurt.

Larmer Tree?

ive been going to EoTR festival for about 6 years but i wont be going this year

it was pants last year with too many people, damn yoof of today
  • JamesFree
    JamesFree Posts: 703
    Benicassim and Glade this year, can't fricking wait!
  • clarkey cat
    Mudcow - I had EoTR tickets last year but sold them to some Canadian div through the EoTR website. I went to Salisbury to give them to him when he got off the train but he was hiding in Salisbury - he d1cked me around massively and when I eventually found him he said 'Oh I've bought a cheaper one off someone on the train' Anyway I got up in his face and got my money which isnt very hippy but who cares.

JamesFree - I went to a Glade in 2004 or 2005. It was absolutely rocking. Richie Hawtin playing the closing set on Sunday afternoon. Twas totes brillzos.
  • JamesFree
    JamesFree Posts: 703

JamesFree - I went to a Glade in 2004 or 2005. It was absolutely rocking. Richie Hawtin playing the closing set on Sunday afternoon. Twas totes brillzos.

I went 2007, 2008 & 2009 and love it there such a good chilled out atmosphere!

Secret Garden Party is another similar festival but with a wider range of music.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Yea I always wanted to go to Sonar but looks pretty unlikely now seeing as I can barely stay awake after 10pm... just like a bit of folk now, some organic food, maybe get a sighting of Hugh-Fearnley Whittingstall... and somewhere you can park the Range Rover by your Yurt.

So that would be Cropredy then: http://www.fairportconvention.com/

Or Levellers Beautiful Days: http://www.beautifuldays.org/tag/beautiful-days-2012/
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    not for a couple of years. Want to take my eldest when he's 5 to something friendly though, and when the youngest hits 5 we'll all start going again.
    Used to love the atps back in the day!
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Am going to a tiny festival in the hills of Aragon at the end of May.

Then Port Eliot(which is probably right up your street, clarkey) in July, at which I'm speaking.
  • clarkey cat
    Ah, Port Eliot has been on my radar for a while now. It would be right (or should that be write) up my street.

In what capacity will you be speaking?
    I'd be more tempted by that than Camp Bestival actually, just not sure if it works out with babysitters.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Am going to a tiny festival in the hills of Aragon at the end of May.

Then Port Eliot(which is probably right up your street, clarkey) in July, at which I'm speaking.
    What are you speaking on?
  • mudcow007

So that would be Cropredy then: http://www.fairportconvention.com/

Meet me on the ledge awesome trackage!
  • ketsbaia
    Ah, Port Eliot has been on my radar for a while now. It would be right (or should that be write) up my street.

In what capacity will you be speaking?

I'll be 'In conversation' with a brewer (yet to be identified). Subject: beer.
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Isle of Wight this year. Funnily enough, looking out the window it looks just like typical festival weather.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Desertfest
    I'll be your mirror
    Hellfest
    Bloodstock
    Are all on my list
    I missed out on Roadburn for the first time in 8? years absolutely gutted about it
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    I'll be off to the Cornshed as usual this year.

A local festival for local people... :D

(I do the electrics and genny setup for it. It's very relaxing!)
  • clarkey cat

if you can get Betty Stogs I'll be there!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228

if you can get Betty Stogs I'll be there!

She was a very lazy girl indeed...

Great beer. Was going to suggest the Wooden Hand Brewery in Truro as well. Fantastic beers. The St Austell Brewery guys do a decent brew (Tribute) but it's much better from a pump than a bottle. I'll be there like a shot if any of them are talking and giving out samples!!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • ketsbaia
    Might be St Austell, could be Sharps, may even be Skinners.

I have no idea who it'll be. Which reminds me - must ask about that.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    I do like Doom Bar (Sharps). It would be interesting to see how things are progressing there now they have been taken over by Molson.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • clarkey cat
    Betty Stogs is my favourite Cornish ale.

Doom Bar is, like, so mainstream these days.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I went to Bestival last year... Good to give it a go the once but I'm not going back. I think I'm over slumming it in a muddy field with loads of wasted teens and early 20 somethings....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • clarkey cat
    Bestival is great - admittedly I havent been since 2007 when I was a wasted 20s something. Probably wouldnt like it now.
  • mudcow007
    Betty Stogs is my favourite Cornish ale.

pfft ale smale!

Cornish Rattler cider is where its at

mmmmm
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Bestival is great - admittedly I havent been since 2007 when I was a wasted 20s something. Probably wouldnt like it now.

Yeah I couldn't help thinking it's all too loud and I'd rather be out on the bike on a club run....!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I went to Bestival last year... Good to give it a go the once but I'm not going back. I think I'm over slumming it in a muddy field with loads of wasted teens and early 20 somethings....[/quote]

I might give it a go when I have a midlife crisis in a few years!
  • aeon
    aeon Posts: 167
    i've played a couple of festivals (including glade!) but my tastes definitely err toward the smaller and more family friendly these days.

other than a couple of indefensibly far-off luxury festies i wish i had been to (including one in Kathmandu with a surround sound system for the main rig, the Easter Island eclipse festival, and Transahara in the desert) i really really REALLY want to find a nice European ambient festival... something atop a little island somewhere with bright sunshine, clear water, a really nice rig and a bunch of Ultimae Records / Interchill people. a few thousand people, gorgeous blissy atmospheric music and assorted hippy crap would do me fine :)
    FCN 10 - Crosstrail