MILK!!

Fastlad
Fastlad Posts: 908
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
I decided to take a food intolerance test and lo and behold, i'm Cows milk intolerant!! i've been feeling lethargic for a while so i thought i'd get my dietary habits checked. Not only am i milk intolerant BUT i'm Wheat, chocolate, peppers and tartrazine intolerant (bang goes my irn bru habit) :( Apparently 70 % of the worlds population is milk intolerant. So im on the Almond milk and checking the labels on everything to see if cows milk is on it. Surprisingly its in most pre packed foods, even my fave Alpen muesli. :roll:

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Goats milk FTW.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,139
    lactose intolerance is common, but afaik for most people there're little if any symptoms, especially if intake is limited, and there are substitutes

but chocolate and peppers!!! that's serious, life cannot be worth living, i'd get a second opinion, and a third
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Fastlad wrote:
    Apparently 70 % of the worlds population is milk intolerant.

Aren't most of that 70% Chinese though?
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Fastlad wrote:
    Apparently 70 % of the worlds population is milk intolerant.

must be more than that in Finland - getting real milk and butter is a challenge in their supermarkets
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    Food intolerance tests get my bullshit radar twitching. Is there much regulation in the industry?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Zingzang
    Zingzang Posts: 196
    Yes, but it is a cultural aversion, not a physical one.
  • Most of the world's lactose intolerants live in Asia and Africa. Finland does indeed have the highest rate in the developed world but even there it's nowhere near 70 per cent. All supermarkets there stock real milk and butter.

Edit: Not that Finnish supermarkets are anything but utter shite, which is one of the many reasons I got the feck out of there. Lou Todd is right: it has a maudlin quality to it, rendering it unsuitable as a holiday (or any other) destination.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Most of the world's lactose intolerants live in Asia and Africa.

Apparently 0% in Ireland.
    exercise.png
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    TheStone wrote:
    Most of the world's lactose intolerants live in Asia and Africa.

Apparently 0% in Ireland.

We're not "lactose intolerant". We just refuse to put up with any of lactose's sh!t.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    I think we have no udder option but to send these lactosites back to their own country :D
  • rick_chasey
    Redhog14 wrote:
    I think we have no udder option but to send these lactosites back to their own country :D

I was wondering how long it'd be before people started milking the topic for puns.

It happened whey later than I expected.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Redhog14 wrote:

I was wondering how long it'd be before people started milking the topic for puns.

It happened whey later than I expected.

You were milking it by the second post.

Ooooooh, name in red now!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • rick_chasey
    Aggieboy wrote:

Admin now ;).
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    udderly disappointing
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Aggieboy wrote:

Admin now ;).

So you can Moove posts and give people the hoof? Maybe you can do somthing about the Race Spoiler threads calving off into lots of little ones? I ll give you a good pat (?!) on the back if you can do that....

(I know :oops: )
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    I ll give you a good pat (?!) on the back if you can do that....
    Stop trying to butter him up.....
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • rick_chasey
    ddraver wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:

Admin now ;).

So you can Moove posts and give people the hoof? Maybe you can do somthing about the Race Spoiler threads calving off into lots of little ones? I ll give you a good pat (?!) on the back if you can do that....

(I know :oops: )

Not sure I follow.
  • I'm lactose intolerant and have been for years it's a pain if eating out but ok otherwise. By the way do you know you can get breast milk ice cream (never tried it myself but told its very sweet) (and not just in the arctic)
  • [/quote] Not sure I follow.[/quote]

Pat of butter
  • ddraver
    Not sure I follow.

Pat of butter

I was going for Cow pat actually - but yours is better

@ Rick

1% of it - when we have a (e.g.) TdF Stage X thread, where everyone is discussing the race, but then immediatly after we have 3 or 4 other threads, all talking about the same stage saying isnt Cav Great/finished, Sky are great/cr*p, Andy Schleck Sucks threads - annoying becasue the discussion gets split up do everyone has to post 3 or 4 times saying the same thing and becasue usually topic has already been hatched and dispatched

99% of it - so i could make some cow puns...
    - @ddraver
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    ddraver wrote:
    Not sure I follow.

Pat of butter

I was going for Cow pat actually - but yours is better

@ Rick

1% of it - when we have a (e.g.) TdF Stage X thread, where everyone is discussing the race, but then immediatly after we have 3 or 4 other threads, all talking about the same stage saying isnt Cav Great/finished, Sky are great/cr*p, Andy Schleck Sucks threads - annoying becasue the discussion gets split up do everyone has to post 3 or 4 times saying the same thing and becasue usually topic has already been hatched and dispatched

99% of it - so i could make some cow puns...

ddraver - stop crying over spilt milk
  • rick_chasey
    There's only so much I can do.

I won't even be online during the first week of the Tour!
  • Aggieboy

So we herd.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • ddraver

We should have a guest mod for each stage.....
    - @ddraver
  • butter not post anything rude those weeks then
  • Fastlad
    back on topic, you lads have creamed this enough... i'm finding it difficult to avoid foods containing milk. Avoiding milk is easy :evil:
  • Fastlad
    Oh yes, BIG dairy is very good at advertising its many supposedly health benefits. Sure, milk has vitamins in it, BUT it's full of growth hormones, and a glue like substance that's used to stick furniture together and label onto cans and bottles. The dietician i consulted said that she wouldn't drink milk if someone paid her, surely speaks volumes!
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    I'm getting cheesed off with all this intolerant bull. Your all acting like cattle.
    Peter
  • Aggieboy
    This threads lost it's whey.