Fred whitton 2012

124»

Comments

• nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 867
    WTF!!! Must've been a snapped carbon bar!? That poor chap must have REALLY struggled. Jeez...
  • holmeboy
    holmeboy Posts: 674
    It's an old bike (probally at least 20 years old with the original Aluminium handlebars). Broke just after Whinlatter and made it to Calder Bridge without stopping or getting off. Difficult uphill, very dodgy downhill. Took my mind of the cold and the tired legs.
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 867
    blimey!!! Tip of the hat to you sir...guess you'll be needing some new bars then.
  • holmeboy
    holmeboy Posts: 674
    Think I'll strip the bike and get the frame painted and rebuild with new handlebars, everything else on it should be ok.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Not sure whether to do the terrier again this year - although I keep thinking how good it would be in the dry

Well maybe consider this one : (although a bit distant from Scottish Borders)

http://kingtonlions.org/nfHome.asp?Sect ... dmin121547

blatant plug for local event :) , takes in Ireland Moor, Abbeycwmhir climbs plus several other local nice climbs :) Similar area of country to Autumn Epic / original Devil Ride

well done to all on completing Fred, unfortunately I DNS due to persistent viral infection but seem to have a deferred place to next year :)
  • H Cain
    H Cain Posts: 2
    [

Very poor.

I ran into one annoying guy on several occasions along the way - he was loudly regailing all who would listen about his racing prowess. The odd thing was that he seemed to be doing this to complete strangers, as I saw him ride off and leave who he was speaking to behind, seemingly never to rejoin him. He'd found a new victim later though.[/quote]

I too ran into an annoying guy ......

What was he wearing bike etc and what was his craic ?

Cracking day though