Breakfast? and fuel in general

2»

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Rigged wrote:
    kbmack wrote:
    Two bowls of porridge, two bananas, three slices of toast, two-three flapjacks, a pint of orange juice, three-four cups of tea, two boiled eggs for breakfast before a ride.

On the ride, I might have 4-5 slices of fruitcake and maybe 5-6 energy bars and two litres of energy drink.

For post ride, I will probabaly have 3-4 portions of salmon, 500g of pasta and maybe half a bag of rice.

Bloody hell, how far are you riding?!

Doesn't matter how far he's going.. if he's built like a tank (or trying to be built like a tank) then most of that he probably needs just to maintain weight :!:
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Rigged wrote:
    kbmack wrote:
    Two bowls of porridge, two bananas, three slices of toast, two-three flapjacks, a pint of orange juice, three-four cups of tea, two boiled eggs for breakfast before a ride.

On the ride, I might have 4-5 slices of fruitcake and maybe 5-6 energy bars and two litres of energy drink.

For post ride, I will probabaly have 3-4 portions of salmon, 500g of pasta and maybe half a bag of rice.

Bloody hell, how far are you riding?!

I'm guessing he's talking sh*t or is a fat b-stard.

Personally, I find a decent meal the evening before and a couple of bananas pre ride is fine. Then I eat something every 60mins or so. Soreen snack packs are good !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    In all likelihood your pre-ride needs will change with time and bike fitness.

I never eat before a ride unless I'm going out for 5 or 6 hours. A good meal the night before sees me through a 3 hour easy spin or a 3 hour hard training session. However for the training session I will eat a banana at the start to prevent me throwing up after a few hill sprints!!! :)

This is a far cry from when I was starting out and I'd eat huge amounts both before and during a ride, and distances like 50 miles seemed impossible....
    Still breathing.....
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    kbmack wrote:

Full of shit my friend
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Full of shoot my friend

Do you ride with him :?:
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Full of shoot my friend

Do you ride with him :?:
    Nope
  • nhoj
    nhoj Posts: 129
    That's not the diet of a fatso; that's the diet of a beanpole!