Cavendish... Is he over...???

2»

Comments

• HiMoz
    HiMoz Posts: 62
    edited April 2012
    He was friendly but just didn't talk much- and was far from being fat :o

You trying to say getting to ride next to the world road race champion unfun?
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Yoss, thats a bit harsh mate, apparently the guy on the scooter would have been Rob Hayles, he could have got you a discount in the Halfords in Stoke if youd have tagged along.

Surely that would have made your day.

I d pay good money to see Twiggo on a scooter wearing a fishtail parka.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    tim wand wrote:
    Yoss, thats a bit harsh mate, apparently the guy on the scooter would have been Rob Hayles, he could have got you a discount in the Halfords in Stoke if youd have tagged along.

Ah man - if I'd have known that I could have asked for a discount on some new under car lighting for the delicious Victoria's motor. Bollox. Opprotunity missed. Perhaps next time ......

Friendly but didn't talk much. Yup, the grunt of a douche. What a douche. Nah, not much fun riding next to someone who deosn't talk to you.

Oh well, horses for courses I suppose. Personally I'd prefer to ride with some who's friendly, has a laugh and is encouraging. But that's just me.
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Yossie wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Ah man - if I'd have known that I could have asked for a discount on some new under car lighting for the delicious Victoria's motor. Bollox. Opprotunity missed. Perhaps next time ......

Friendly but didn't talk much. Yup, the grunt of a douche. What a douche. Nah, not much fun riding next to someone who deosn't talk to you.
    Oh well, horses for courses I suppose. Personally I'd prefer to ride with some who's friendly, has a laugh and is encouraging. But that's just me.

In fairness to Cav he was most probably just sick to death of people trying to be his mate whilst out trying to train. I have no doubt there are no end of people who'd love to try and force a chat from him whilst out training so that they can get straight on a forum when they get home to tell their cyber friends who they've just been riding with
  • Yossie
    In fairness to Cavendouche, the public do pay his wages, so come on lad, be a bit happy and force as smile and a bit of banter out.

You can't defend the indefensible. It's no excuse to ignore anyone - its just bloody bad manners.

Bet he was happy to take HimMoz's vote for SPOTY though ……...

Bet you two out of date energy bars and a worn out Look cleat that Zabriskie would have had a laugh.

'Douche is a miserable old douche and I stand to be corrected. But I won't be. Because yet again, I am right.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Hes been known to grump after TT's as he flat out hates them,a little effort to converse with supporters would do no harm. Good day or bad day I'm still a fan if the manx missile.
  • Yossie
    Nah - he's a douche bag.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Don't think Yossie's going to have any kind words to say about the scooter

http://macclesfieldwheelers.org.uk/phpb ... &mode=view

Wonder if Wiggo uses a Vespa with national champ stripes for his training?
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Yossie wrote:
    In fairness to Cavendouche, the public do pay his wages...
    Well, yes and no. Sky and any personal sponsors pay the vast majority of his wages with British Cycling (or some other national organisation) giving him a bit too. If you don't have Sky or do the Lottery you don't really pay his wages (much).

If Cav was to lose the Olympic gold by 1/1000th of a second, everyone who interrupted his training rides should send him an email saying sorry.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Yossie wrote:
    Nah - he's a douche bag.

this picture would support your theory:

tumblr_m04x5paeHj1qbxnpgo1_500.jpg
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Dont know about Cav being a douche, never met the man , but I d feel a right douche riding that Scooter, still got its L's on it, Rob Hayles hang your head in shame!!!

Im no GC contender, Green jersey winner or Rainbow jersey winner, but I reckon I could out pace that ped in the granny ring,
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    Love how this has gone from Cavendish having his teeth out, to the perils/joy of cycling in Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire to Cavendish being a douche! Excellent!