Cavendish... Is he over...???

kozzo
kozzo Posts: 182
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
"The Manxman had wisdom teeth removed during his hiatus, which began in mid-March." (VeloNews)

I'm scared about his future...

Comments

• pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Don't worry, as long as they've left the rest in he should still be able to cope with more than soup. :D

I personally didn't realise that wisdom teeth had such an effect on sprinting ability, but thinking about it now mine were removed a few years ago and I'm sh1t at sprinting too :roll:
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    steven gerard use dto have groin problems which hindered his performance and it was traced to problems with his teeth - mind you i suppose that could be read as he was always mouthing bollocks, hehe
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    steven gerard was always mouthing bollocks, hehe

Didn't realise he was gay... :)

No wonder he's so popular with his team-mates!
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    steven gerard was always mouthing bollocks, hehe

Didn't realise he was gay... :)

No wonder he's so popular with his team-mates!

He's popular with his team mates because they know that if he's with them when they go out on the rob and they get caught, he just has to make up any old bullshit story and the scouse jury will find them not guilty.
  • It's the David Bowie effect. Once you start sorting your teeth out any talent you had decreases proportionally to how much work you've had done. Hence why Bowie was shit since about 1985.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Allegedly I understand that allegedly Steven Gerrard allegedly also has an alleged porblem with allegedly keeping Little Stevie zipped up around alleged barley legal age girls, allegedly resulting in one alleged pregnancy were the girl was allegedly paid off by LFC allegedly not to go to the alleged opress with the alleged story and other alleged cases where he has allegedly paid up personally, including some alleged shenanigans with, allegedly, his cousin's best mate. Allegedly.

Allegedly.

But it could all be heresay and rumour. Allegedly.
  • CambsNewbie
    Yossie wrote:
    Allegedly I understand that allegedly Steven Gerrard allegedly also has an alleged porblem with allegedly keeping Little Stevie zipped up around alleged barley legal age girls, allegedly resulting in one alleged pregnancy were the girl was allegedly paid off by LFC allegedly not to go to the alleged opress with the alleged story and other alleged cases where he has allegedly paid up personally, including some alleged shenanigans with, allegedly, his cousin's best mate. Allegedly.

Allegedly.

Sorry, can't help it.. What's a barley legal girl? From the fens? :D
  • Yossie
    Allegedly farming stock :)

Barely. Allegedly.

I allegedly could be sorry about my typo as well ......
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Yossie wrote:

Allegedly.

you can find them on Internet Corn Sites...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Spot the guy from Cambridge/shire

Immediately in with the fen jokes ;).
  • CambsNewbie
    Yossie wrote:
    Allegedly farming stock :)

Barely. Allegedly.

I allegedly could be sorry about my typo as well ......

Well made me :D

Shows how a simple typo can completely change the meaning of something.
  • CambsNewbie

Cambridgeshire now, spent the first 18 yrs of life in south Lincolnshire. REAL fenland! Hence Im crap at going up hills!
  • rick_chasey

Cambridgeshire now, spent the first 18 yrs of life in south Lincolnshire. REAL fenland! Hence Im crap at going up hills!

*shrugs* Brought up in Cambridge. Born in the Netherlands.

Beat that ;).
  • CambsNewbie

*shrugs* Brought up in Cambridge. Born in the Netherlands.

Beat that ;).

I won't even try.. I bow to your greater 'flatness'! :D
  • rick_chasey
    Where bouts in Cambs btw?
  • CambsNewbie

Live in St Neots now so my cycling routes take me out in (very) rural Beds and Cambs.
  • rick_chasey

Live in St Neots now so my cycling routes take me out in (very) rural Beds and Cambs.

Ah yeah. Not super super flat is it round there - round the 'ford places.

I tended to head north of Cambridge towards all the 'hams.

Cottenham, Willingham, Haddenham etc.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Question by OP........Cavendish......Is he over

Answer.......NO!

end of! ;-)
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • TOM14S
    TOM14S Posts: 100

Yep head out towards kimbolton, barham, buckworth you can find a few hills. All that area starts getting more rolling countryside.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872

You got Strava?
  • McBoom
    McBoom Posts: 78
    I was under the impression our Cav doesn't have real teeth anyway.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    It's the David Bowie effect. Once you start sorting your teeth out any talent you had decreases proportionally to how much work you've had done. Hence why Bowie was shoot since about 1985.

That's why Freddy Mercury left his alone - he was worried that improving his looks would change his voice.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • stevewj
    stevewj Posts: 227

take me in rural Beds
    sounds naughty - are they more comfy than beds in towns ????
  • CambsNewbie

You got Strava?

Nope, got something called mapmyride but it's pretty rubbish, it can drain battery in less than 3 hrs. Also loses signal a lot so given up on it.

The villages north of Bedford and over to Kimbolton are my favourite rides at the moment.
  • alihisgreat

You got Strava?

Nope, got something called mapmyride but it's pretty rubbish, it can drain battery in less than 3 hrs. Also loses signal a lot so given up on it.

The villages north of Bedford and over to Kimbolton are my favourite rides at the moment.

Only been over in that direction a few times, up to Great Staughton -> which is my new favourite ride

Going from Great Barford to Great Staughton is a really good stretch of road! Then back up Tempsford Hill on the way home for a small dose of 10%

You should try Strava though, doesn't wipe my phone's battery at all. Its also good for finding new hills.
  • CambsNewbie

You got Strava?

Only been over in that direction a few times, up to Great Staughton -> which is my new favourite ride

Going from Great Barford to Great Staughton is a really good stretch of road! Then back up Tempsford Hill on the way home for a small dose of 10%

You should try Strava though, doesn't wipe my phone's battery at all. Its also good for finding new hills.

I like the 660, nice road and quiet. Normally pick it up near Ravensden up to Kimbolton then back to St Neots.

Do you mean the hill at Everton? I'm a mess at the end of that! Go that way when I cycle to work in Biggleswade to avoid the A1. Fun going down though!! :D
  • alihisgreat

I like the 660, nice road and quiet. Normally pick it up near Ravensden up to Kimbolton then back to St Neots.

Do you mean the hill at Everton? I'm a mess at the end of that! Go that way when I cycle to work in Biggleswade to avoid the A1. Fun going down though!! :D

Haven't done the 660 yet, i used the minor road parallel running up through colmworth.

but i almost died last time i did Everton hill because i was trying to nail it on strava -> the segment starts at the railway crossing and ends up in the village... was already in trouble at the bottom. The Van following me up did help though!

to move slightly back on topic... i was worse than Cav in San Remo after the everton hill segement :wink:
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Great news Cav fans, He aint over , no way.

Hot from Face Book, Hes Just passed Bhima on the Cat and Fiddle, must be in the form of his life!!!!!!!!!!

Would have loved to have been in Buxton today, a chance to meet two or my cycling Heros.

Go Bhima , Go Bhima he aint nothing but a jumped up spinter without his lead out team you ll take him!!!!!!!
  • HiMoz
    HiMoz Posts: 62
    He passed me whilst descending Snakes Pass into Hope and said hi so I hopped on the back of his support moped for a few miles until he turned off towards buxton. Exchanged a few words at some lights but he was "in a mood so dont really feel like chatting sorry" haha!

Amazing afternoon :)
  • Yossie
    HiMoz wrote:
    He passed me whilst descending Snakes Pass into Hope and said hi so I hopped on the back of his support moped for a few miles until he turned off towards buxton. Exchanged a few words at some lights but he was "in a mood so dont really feel like chatting sorry" haha!

Amazing afternoon :)

Cavendouche: What a tool.

Must have been an amazing afternoon: follow a scooter then get dissed by a fat bloke at some traffic lights. Brilliant fun. Remind me to put that in my "must do before I die" list.

Hold on - isn't Buxton near Alsager?