Continuing the recent themes here's a detour:

The one you quite like but don't always admit it.. I'll start it off

Frank Mills - Music Box Dancer

Comments

• "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Anything by Suzanne Vega, wouldn't tell my mates about her, but nice to chill out to when in a reflective mood. Also Big fan of Lauper and Kate Bush - I'm a sucker for a female vocalist. :oops:
  • Cliff Richard - Wired for sound
    I wish I was Kenny "F@#king" Powers
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    oddly enough - oddly enough by the oddly enoughs

and

yes sir i can boogie by baccarat.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Anything by Suzanne Vega, wouldn't tell my mates about her, but nice to chill out to when in a reflective mood. Also Big fan of Lauper and Kate Bush - I'm a sucker for a female vocalist. :oops:

Nothing wrong with Lauper or Bush.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I'm not sure if they count as guilty pleasures or not, but "White Wedding" or "Dancing with Myself" by Billy Idol.
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    W.O.L.D Harry Chapin. Love that tune.

@pickylongstockings why do have a pic of Mike Reid as your Avatar? Just curious like.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • As I too have a penchnat for fat ex prostitutes with massive earrings and second hand cars.
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    As I too have a penchnat for fat ex prostitutes with massive earrings and second hand cars.

LOL 'triffic!
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    ABC - The Look Of Love :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Queen - Now I'm Here.

Terrifyingly I'm becoming increasingly 'Early-Album-Queen-Curious' as I get older.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Mika - Love Today. It was on the radio whilst I was driving home from the hospital on the day my Wife had given birth to our first. Liked it ever since.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Kenny Rogers - The Gambler
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Vienna - Ultravox.

almost anything by Meatloaf! :oops:
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Vienna - Ultravox.

almost anything by Meatloaf! :oops:
    Oh thats a good one :lol:
  • Wichita Lineman - Glen Campbell
    just like the vibe of it
    Anything by Suzanne Vega
    Funny that, I was thinking about her a couple of days ago. Hadn't listened to her first 2 albums in donkeys. Few clicks later and all was resolved.
    Including that weird mid 90's album of Tom's Diner covers
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I don't feel guilty about any song I like. Too old to worry I expect! :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Aggieboy wrote:

Aggieboy - given some of your posts you have more to be worried about than soem guilt over dodgy songs! :D
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    I think most of my song collection would be classed as most people's guilty pleasure..

Here it is.. I'm a 38 year old male who likes crap pop music. There, I've said it. Please don't hate me!
  • Could you please clarify what you mean by pop music as it is a rather wide spectrum.
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    Could you please clarify what you mean by pop music as it is a rather wide spectrum.

Well 'pop music' to me is generally chart stuff and songs on 80s, 90s compliations, the Now albums.

To be honest on a lot of the music threads on here (under/over-rated, best album track, best Norwegian B-side) I've never heard of the artist let alone the song.

For example Call Me by Spagna. Brilliant! Puts a smile on face every time! Not cool but I don't care anymore! Old enough and ugly enough not to care about these things.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Queen - Now I'm Here.

Terrifyingly I'm becoming increasingly 'Early-Album-Queen-Curious' as I get older.

Nothing wrong with a bit of early album Queen....it's the later stuff that's shite!!

Get yourself a copy of Sheer Heart Attack, first album I ever bought. The opening track Brighton Rock is entirely responsible for me getting and learning to play my first electric guitar.

Anyway, back on topic.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op0upKxdvLs

There are more I'm sure, but there's a limit to the humiliation I can heap onto myself in one day.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:

Aggieboy - given some of your posts you have more to be worried about than soem guilt over dodgy songs! :D

A quick glegg at Aggie's browsing history would reveal his REAL guilty pleasures. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Deep breath...Satchmo Armstrong and Its a Wonderful Life
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I'm usually a big Punk/Metal fan but I'm a sucker for a good pop song, almost anything bouncy and fun will do me. I ve found myself listening to We found Love (Rhianna) and Party Rock LMFAO as pre-ride psyche up songs recently - Every day I'm shuffling, dobedobe doo bedobedo etc...

However, I suggest you all move to Holland, then all your guilty pleasures will become high culture!!

(not joking that much!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:

A quick glegg at Aggie's browsing history would reveal his REAL guilty pleasures. :lol:

The stars wouldn't be so bright without the dark.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I like either Joe Cocker - Up where we belong or Belonger - Up Where We C0ck. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • antooony
    antooony Posts: 177
    crispybug2 wrote:
    Get yourself a copy of Sheer Heart Attack, first album I ever bought. The opening track Brighton Rock is entirely responsible for me getting and learning to play my first electric guitar.

One of the best albums ever made. Queen at their best IMO.

Gulity Pleasure Song: Barbara Streisand - Woman In Love....... I apologise now. :oops: